VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

^Wouldn't work. B&M track is a lot wider than Intamin track. Also, Nitro has 3 trains with 32 people per train ( I think it has 8 rows) But I like the idea of a 4 seater blitz. Maybe Intamin could make a winged blitz! (without the thigh-crushing restraints) It would not only be a unique experience, but it would increase ride capacity and reduce lines as well.

^Wouldn't work. B&M track is a lot wider than Intamin track. Also, Nitro has 3 trains with 32 people per train ( I think it has 8 rows) But I like the idea of a 4 seater blitz. Maybe Intamin could make a winged blitz! (without the thigh-crushing restraints) It would not only be a unique experience, but it would increase ride capacity and reduce lines as well.

I do not think a wing rider/wing coaster could handle a layout resembling Maverick in the least. Wing coaster trains cannot be heartlined the same as Intamin blizzard coaster trains or hyper coaster trains due to the seating arrangement. Also, the train length would be a major issue. Maverick's trains are three cars long, and Cheetah Hunt's are four. A wing rider would be too impractical for the layout.

What if we got B&M trains on a Intamin Blitz? How would that affect capacity? Nitro has the worlds fastest line. You could practically walk to it. i think that's because it has like 4 trains and 36 people trains and a 5 second waiting time. Does anyone know the capacity of Nitro?

Approximately 1440 riders an hour. That is with a train dispatched every 90 seconds and an average of 4 empty seats per train.

Edited by Yoshi

Is Nitro the best B&M hyper in the world? Yes, in my opinion. But is it the best hyper coaster in the world? In my opinion, close but not at the top. Bizarro and Skyrush were better, no question IMO. Nitro comes in third on my list. But again, this is just my opinion.

And also, Nitro needs a paint job NOW. It is not nearly as smooth as it once was. The colors on the pre-lift turn are almost completley faded away and rust has long formed there. And the Nitro logo on the station is literally BLEEDING rust. SF has NOT done a good job of maintaining it.

Nitro does have some history to it though, if any. It was the first B&M hyper (and maybe even the first B&M coaster if i'm correct) to not have a pre-drop, and the first B&M to have magnetic brakes.

SixFlagsGreatAdventureJuly15th20-2.jpg

Edited by KK456

^I definitely agree with giving Nitro some TLC. New track paint and definitely a new logo. The rust is kinda cool.. but then again it would just be best to get a new sign. It's sad that they repaint Bizarro in 2009 and then contemplate removing it, while all that time/money repainting it could have went to other coasters that will stay at the park like Nitro and Batman.

If you could choose any color scheme for Nitro and Batman, what would you choose?

Me personally...

Nitro: Metallic Grey supports, switch the yellow with teal and repaint the purple to blue

Batman: Go back to 1993's scheme but put a deep purple for the track rails

Edited by Andrew M

Is Nitro the best B&M hyper in the world? Yes, in my opinion. But is it the best hyper coaster in the world? In my opinion, close but not at the top. Bizarro and Skyrush were better, no question IMO. Nitro comes in third on my list. But again, this is just my opinion.

And also, Nitro needs a paint job NOW. It is not nearly as smooth as it once was. The colors on the pre-lift turn are almost completley faded away and rust has long formed there. And the Nitro logo on the station is literally BLEEDING rust. SF has NOT done a good job of maintaining it.

Nitro does have some history to it though, if any. It was the first B&M hyper (and maybe even the first B&M coaster if i'm correct) to not have a pre-drop, and the first B&M to have magnetic brakes.

SixFlagsGreatAdventureJuly15th20-2.jpg

I thought it was supposed to like that lol. But it does need a paint job. Last time I went there (September 1) the turn looked liked it was in an explosion. Literally I could see some of the bare metal. In my opion I think Skyrush is a little short (length wise)

Edited by GHdas

^Skyrush is a bit short. I agree. But all Hershey rides are short

I think they should keep the same colors on Nitro, only replace the magenta with red.

Also, is this what you meant Andrew? I fired up No Limits to see what you meant, and it looks pretty nice actually. Here:

pWMGEBP.pnghQdG5CW.pngBSSNudS.png

• Like 1

Also, is this what you meant Andrew? I fired up No Limits to see what you meant, and it looks pretty nice actually. Here:

pWMGEBP.pnghQdG5CW.pngBSSNudS.png

Yes that is exactly what I was thinking. I just think I industrial, steel, futuristic and sleek when I think of Nitro. Then put some LED lights on the lift hill and you are good to go

I rode Nitro yesterday...it was the best I ever had on it. B train row 7 at night. That was pretty smooth and the air time was amazing. The helix was also amazing. Same with the camel back hills. But I can disagree with Nitro being the best hyper. I think Shambhala is..but Nitro is top 5. But it does need a new paint job... maybe black supports. Grayish base, and blueish track rails. To give it more of a steel look. The Nitro logo is made to be steel...

Edited by ScreamSource

I think the colors for Nitro are fine, just paint it over with the same colors. Even if all they painted was the pre drop before the lift hill that would be fine cause that area looks horrendous.

yeah that's the part that needs a paint job the most because it's pretty much the only part of the ride people can see.

I think shambhala is a bit short for a B&M hyper and doesn't have as much floater as some of the others. My personal top 9 is as follows:

1.Nitro

2.Behemoth

3.Intimidator

4.Diamondback

5.Shambhala

6.Goliath (SFOG)

7.Silver Star

8.Apollo's Chariot

9.Raging Bull

Basically I prefer the longer B&M hypers with more floater than positive g's.

If we get a coaster, i hope it's an Intamin. We already have 1/5 of the east coast's B&M and I doubt they'd give us an kiddie coaster after the pooping dragon. For location i'd put it buy the right side, near the Chiller and Old Country, and it can go around Nitro (Hopefully repainted), and launch over the the final brakes, and maybe have a top hat. who knows? At this early point, anything is possible.