VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I also agree we don't need another big/record breaking/what-have-you coaster right yet. I would really like to see more flats and some fun, thrilling family rides. My kids are 7&10 so the lil one is too short (but willing) and the older one is scared (but tall enough for all the rides) and there isn't anything left now that RT is gone as an intermediate coaster or really too much in general that we can all go on that's fun. Buccaneer is great as is skull mountain. I loved RT even as an adult and we all love the Phoenix at Knoebels ...it's a great coaster. They don't have to be the highest craziest thing ever built to be awesome. I would love to see an Enterprise type of ride or dark ride or something along those lines. I do love me some coasters, don't get me wrong....but I think there are more important things than "record breaking coasters" needed at this juncture. And FYI I do consider GL new...I just don't care for it cause it gives me such a headache /neck ache after.

The problem with Looping Dragon is that some kids will still be scared to go on it, and a lot of older guests (my dad lol) will pass on it bc they think it looks nauseating. It really is just another thrill ride targeted for teenagers and adults. Which is why I feel like we should have gotten a tilt-a-whirl like Georgia so we also have a new ride for younger kids to enjoy. Come on.. you know little kids love tilt-a-whirls. Whenever I go to the Funplex in Mount Laurel I ALWAYS go on it lol

True. Im betting they got a buy 1 get 3 free deal or something XD and didn't spend too much money. I just want a new rollercoaster, I don't care whether it's a record breaker or not.

Hey guys! I am new to this site and I am a Great Adventure enthusiast. I loved reading your forums so decided to get a account and give you my thoughts! So my prediction for 2016 is that we will either get a new coaster or a Justice Leauge Dark Ride Clone! I will be on this site from now on! Thanks for listening stay tuned....

Thanks! And if you are wondering about my thoughts on LD, here they are, I have no problem with LD. If SF wants to mark it as a coaster go ahead! Its not the law. No one argued about CF calling their pipe screams coasters. LD is just what we need! A small spaced, coaster for everyone, a cheap addition, and a COASTER! Take what is given to you and shut up. I am hoping for a dark ride because it is what we need. I think it will be in a expanded chiller station or the similator building (which is more likely IMO). So hopefully mext year brings thrills!

^JL dark ride in the simulator building is very possible, it's just been sitting there. People did get mad at CP for calling the pipe screams coasters though. LD is not a bad ride, I know people who have been on similar ones before, but I just can't call it a coaster

More than that, Six Flags won't spend that kind of money on something that isn't going to be a huge draw. Fire Chaser Express is a great fit for Dollywood, but at Great Adventure it would be seen as a crappy attraction. Just look at Skull Mountain and TDK for evidence that they don't work as real draws for the park, but they cost as much as a real THRILL ride which does bring guests.

I think we should get something like Maverick, like with a lift hill, beyond vertical drop, launch, and inversions, but bigger. That would be cool. It would aslo be a nice fit. The only launched coaster in SFGA and the steepest drop. What do you think? They could theme it to the Jersey Devil and make the launch out in the woods.

Edited by GHdas

I think we should get something like Maverick, like with a lift hill, beyond vertical drop, launch, and inversions, but bigger. That would be cool. It would aslo be a nice fit. The only launched coaster in SFGA and the steepest drop. What do you think? They could theme it to the Jersey Devil and make the launch out in the woods.

I would definitly love to have something like Maverick as it is one of my favorite rides I have ever been on. It would also attract a lot of people I would think too. Although you said it would be the only launched coaster at sfga, I think you forgot about kingda ka.

It's weird that people who aren't particularly "coaster people" are buzzing about SFFT's BTR, but then again there is a TPR video of a 4D in China that people are all gaga over as well, not realizing the same ride has been at SFMM for years now. Personally I think the new 4D model will be a dud, with major problems. The Arrow/S&S 4D's are problematic, and this simplified version will be a bigger problem I would imagine. It's also too small/low capacity for a large park like GA.

^ yes very true, it would probably have over 2 hour lines. Plus, I actually just git back from a trip to CA where I rode Green Lantern first flight and it was horrible. It was the first ride I almost pucked on. X2 is very good but they will probably not make any more X2s. Now that you say that, I do agree with your statement of BTR being a dud and basically being like GL at SFMM

They wouldn't buy another superloop. But the worst case scenario... I can't really think anything bad will happen for 2016. I really am looking foreward and expect something good, even if it's not a coaster