VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

A 4D is a small footprint that would likely go on land ready for immediate construction. Assuming that SF put their faith in S&S for the prototype, along with probably purchasing 2-3 all at slightly discounted rates (speculation), it wouldn't be incredibly difficult to delay the project another year.

Not that I take his word as gospel, but I heard Robb Alvey was dropping hints that SFFT and our park would be very happy with their 2015 additions.

Agreed, a 4D is a small footprint and if the initial design proves itself, it's likely Six Flags will or already has ordered a "bundle" of them to install at various parks.

But again, no company is going to build and manufacture a ride before its paid for. Which would mean, if we were slated to receive a 4D in 2015, it would already have been bought in full therefore not affecting the budget in 2015. And even then, I'm sure the money coming to pay for these coasters is not coming from each park individually, there's probably a corporate budget / fund on a higher level for ALL six flags flags parks regarding what they do or do not get.

What could be likely is perhaps our 2015 coaster was purchased and has been manufactured, however, the park is not willing to spend the money to erect it at this time and therefore delayed the construction.

Edited by IgetAround

I've thought the same thing for years. When they announced TDKC I assumed they were going to use the buildings.. Which obviously never happened. But then why keep them? They aren't used for FF just the que is. It isn't an issue of money since they tore down 2 rollercoasters since then. Is there a plan that they are eventually going to get to? Just like the simulator building. Why keep them there if you aren't going to use them?

I hope for an LSM multiple launching coaster built by Intamin, like Maverick or Cheetah hunt. This would definitely benefit the parks collection of coasters. Everyone says that were getting an RMC Or wing rider, but as popular they are at the moment, in he long run, this wouldn't benefit the coasters already existing at the park. Think about it this way. El Toro is already such a wooden thriller. Do they really need another wooden coaster with inversions? Leave that to a new steel coaster. Also, attendance of El Toro would drop with another wooden coaster. A B&M wing coaster does sound cool, but really, it's the same elements as any other B&M but you're next to the track. The appearance of it is just more appealing. Also, this is just a thought. Every time I'm on Nitro, on the lift hill, I can easily peer over to the spot where Batman and Robin the Chiller used to be. The large dome shaped structure with the nasty hand crushing it has stayed there ever since. Why didn't six flags demolish it or take it away when the Chiller was dismantled? Did they plan to use it in a ride that they would later construct? I always look past and think about why the dome should still be there every time I go on Nitro. Well, it keeps curiosity going. Does anyone else have any ideas?

I think they kept it because it was too much money to take down. I read that somewhere but I don't know if it's true

Not exactly true, keeping the dome actually cost more money because they converted it. The dome was left there with the intention of using it for several different purposes. It's been some type of interactive 3D thing and handful of other random things.

It was actually converted from an open structure to an enclosed one, so not only did they leave it standing, they put more money into it by making it water proof and converting it into an actual building.

I've always thought its a nice themeing piece that goes a little with TDK.

Edited by IgetAround

Well the park does not have a shuttle coaster (chiller was the last one and now its rotting in south America) I was thinking looping dragon would make more sense in movie town with an Asian city and an actual coaster but no. 2016 is either doomsday for Bizarro and getting replaced with a wicked cyclone or old country/movie town is given love(not literally; i'm saying the focus is over on that side of the park). I thought movie town and fiesta taxes were getting Gotham cities till we got the clues.

i would love a rollercoaster like twisted colossus. My one reason is how after you are done the blue track course, you then go up the green track course. its like 2 rides for 1. AND you race with the other train both times. Maybe Twister Thunder for 2016?!

Look I'm just saying to all of you RMC fans..... it is not happening. The Six Flags specialty for RMC is using old wooden roller coasters and refurbing them into something bigger, steel track, wood supports. Do we forget that El Toro is just that, it just looks different. El Toro is a steel track with wooden supports. El Toro is also a new(er) very highly ranked amazing roller coaster, and the only way we will get an RMC is if El Toro is refurbed. And there is no way Six Flags needs to, and I don't see why they'd want too when El Toro isn't old or bad. It's amazing, and newer, and El Toro doesn't fit the resume for the "Six Flags RMC Special" as I'll call it. So sorry guys, the RMC is out.

A wingrider is really called for, a new roller coaster is really called for. Great Adventure needs one, considering how much money Six Flags makes off our park investing in it is needed. And I'm not sure what Mr. Six Flags isn't seeing but with our park being one of the top 50 most visited theme parks in the world and the second most visited Six Flags park it's going to become embarrasing and idiotic if Six Flags doesn't invest big soon.

Wingriders are over hyped. It's a similar experience to a floorless coaster and they have the same exact elements as any other B&M coaster. In my opinion at least.

I'd take an RMC any day over yet another B&M looping coaster. RMCs are brilliantly unique not only in innovation but in the elements they work into their coasters.

We already have

Bizzarro

Green Lantern

Batman the Ride

3 decent B&M Loopers. For me, a Wingrider wouldn't bring enough new to the table for our park. I am in full support of either another launched, preferably shuttle coaster, or another wooden coaster. "classic" wooden like Wildcat or or RMC style is fine, preferably RMC

• Like 1

Look I'm just saying to all of you RMC fans..... it is not happening. The Six Flags specialty for RMC is using old wooden roller coasters and refurbing them into something bigger, steel track, wood supports. Do we forget that El Toro is just that, it just looks different. El Toro is a steel track with wooden supports. El Toro is also a new(er) very highly ranked amazing roller coaster, and the only way we will get an RMC is if El Toro is refurbed. And there is no way Six Flags needs to, and I don't see why they'd want too when El Toro isn't old or bad. It's amazing, and newer, and El Toro doesn't fit the resume for the "Six Flags RMC Special" as I'll call it. So sorry guys, the RMC is out.

A wingrider is really called for, a new roller coaster is really called for. Great Adventure needs one, considering how much money Six Flags makes off our park investing in it is needed. And I'm not sure what Mr. Six Flags isn't seeing but with our park being one of the top 50 most visited theme parks in the world and the second most visited Six Flags park it's going to become embarrasing and idiotic if Six Flags doesn't invest big soon.

Goliath at SFGAm wasn't new, huh? I'm not sure that ride's price tag, but Outlaw run was only $10M and built from scratch.

Also, Toro is a legit wooden coaster...not Ibox style. The only difference is they pre-fabriicated the wood under the steel plate instead of doing it once it arrived on site like a traditional wooden coaster.

Option 2 uses the Chiller station (with an external renovation so it fits better in the area) to do a multiple launch coaster like Intaminous_Me said. It would launch out of the robin side through the observatory, then do some fun inverting jazziness to turn back into the area behind TDKC. Swing back around, do a dive loop back into the observatory/Batman station. Launch out the back of that, fling around a bit (that's the technical term), and safely and soundly arrive back into the Robin side.

Had such a similar idea I was thinking about weeks ago.

http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=3667&page=1#Item_0

I think it would be such a good use of existing space and buildings with some modification. The new dark rides being placed into other six flags parks would fit in nicely at our park as well.

Goliath at SFGAm wasn't new, huh? I'm not sure that ride's price tag, but Outlaw run was only $10M and built from scratch.

Also, Toro is a legit wooden coaster...not Ibox style. The only difference is they pre-fabriicated the wood under the steel plate instead of doing it once it arrived on site like a traditional wooden coaster.

Eh... not so much the case actually in my opinion. Depends how you look at it. There's wood under the steel plate, it's not all steel yea, but it's not the same way a tradtional coaster would be done.I still count it as cheating a little because the entire track is pre fab. The only difference is the RCM coaster's track style is all steel.

everland31.jpg

Edited by IgetAround

Wingriders are over hyped. It's a similar experience to a floorless coaster and they have the same exact elements as any other B&M coaster. In my opinion at least.

I'd take an RMC any day over yet another B&M looping coaster. RMCs are brilliantly unique not only in innovation but in the elements they work into their coasters.

We already have

Bizzarro

Green Lantern

Yes. Agreed:) as I've said before, wing riders ar really just another looping B&M. And everyone should know that Great Adventure does not need another old looping B&M. Bring on more innovative Intamins! I'm iffy on RMCs. First of all, I love nature and killing so many trees for a coaster that feels like a steel one is a pity. Keep the wooden fun for more classical woodies. So, in my opinion, I'd go for another Intamin all the way. The park NEEDS one.

Batman the Ride

3 decent B&M Loopers. For me, a Wingrider wouldn't bring enough new to the table for our park. I am in full support of either another launched, preferably shuttle coaster, or another wooden coaster. "classic" wooden like Wildcat or or RMC style is fine, preferably RMC

Edited by Intaminous_Me

We already have

Bizarro

Green Lantern

Batman the Ride

3 decent B&M Loopers. For me, a Wingrider wouldn't bring enough new to the table for our park. I am in full support of either another launched, preferably shuttle coaster, or another wooden coaster. "classic"

wooden like Wildcat or or RMC style is fine, preferably RMC

RMCs are great, new, and very popular at the moment, but really, they're just steel coasters with bundles wood thrown in there. Why not just build a reliable steel coaster without killing so many trees? Yes, wooden coasters are cheaper, but steel coasters tend to age a little better, needing less refurbs. Visitors should also enjoy El Toro. An RMC would shorten El Toro's life.

We already have

Bizzarro

Green Lantern

Batman the Ride

Yes. Agreed:) as I've said before, wing riders ar really just another looping B&M. And everyone should know that Great Adventure does not need another old looping B&M. Bring on more innovative Intamins! I'm iffy on RMCs. First of all, I love nature and killing so many trees for a coaster that feels like a steel one is a pity. Keep the wooden fun for more classical woodies. So, in my opinion, I'd go for another Intamin all the way. The park NEEDS one.

Edited by Intaminous_Me

Correct but considering El Toro's extreme similarity to RMCs (steel track, steep drop, nontraditional, fast, not to mention the cars are almost exactly the same for the most part) there would be no need to build an RMC which will give a very similar experience.

Eh... not so much the case actually in my opinion. Depends how you look at it. There's wood under the steel plate, it's not all steel yea, but it's not the same way a tradtional coaster would be done.I still count it as cheating a little because the entire track is pre fab. The only difference is the RCM coaster's track style is all steel.

everland31.jpg

All wooden coasters ride on a steel plate. Usually a thinner steel plate, but still.

Not saying Toro doesn't RIDE like a steel, but by definition it does qualify as wood. Ibox coasters are completely steel. That's all I was saying.

Correct but considering El Toro's extreme similarity to RMCs (steel track, steep drop, nontraditional, fast, not to mention the cars are almost exactly the same for the most part) there would be no need to build an RMC which will give a very similar experience.

That's like saying a park can't have 2 mega-style coasters (hyper/giga), 2 sitdown loopers, etc...

An RMC would likely have inversions, multiple overbanks, and no huge, Toro-like camelbacks. While it would be intense, fast and steep like Toro, it would definitely be a different experience. And advertising a big 4 of Toro/Nitro/KK/RMC would do wonders for the park's marketability.

I want a wingrider. GA needs something with a high capacity. Intamin launch coasters usually have crappy capacity, but B&M's have a good capacity. Intamin coasters also break down all the time like KK and sometimes require major modifications. After Zumanjaro, GA should not be calling Intamin for a while. I don't want an RMC because like Intamin coasters, they have a low capacity and it would be too much like El Toro. GA should only get rides with a high capacity because they get large crowds and I don't want to wait in a 3 hour line. A wingrider could be placed in Chiller's spot like and the rest of Old Country. That section doesn't need to be reopened as the flat ride pads in the rest of the park aren't even fully used. Just level some of it for the wingrider and integrate the rest into Movietown. If you say that a wingrider is too much like a floorless, they do have different elements like Gatekeeper's first drop and the keyhole elements. I don't have any problem with B&M's. They are great rides and unlike Intamin rides, they run every day and don't break down constantly.

I honestly don't get why people say a RMC would be too similar to Toro but a wing rider wouldn't be too similar to Bizarro and GL? Nitro1118 said how a RMC would be different from Toro. A wing rider would basically be Bizarro with a different drop. The only really different elements are the long drawn out inline twist and the gatekeeper drop, neither which are worth the about $20 million a wing rider would cost. If we're going to get a wing coaster we should get a free spin, it has wing seating and the ride would be different from what we have.

If the park got a wing rider it would replace Bizarro, because as people said and what was said by RC98 is they would be very similar, but wing riders give more of a thrill because you aren't over the track your on the sides. I do like the idea of a free spin as that would give a whole new experience that the park has never gotten. An RMC really is very different from el toro so I say a good chance that an RMC comes to the park in 2017. Next year will be the dark ride in the old simulator building which is what GAcoaster just said a few posts above. I do think that the park will get a wing rider eventually, but that would be in either 2018 or 2019, and as I said would replace Bizarro.