VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Since the park has been running on the platform as revamping areas of the park that need it. I think next year we might see a MovieTown revitalization anchored by a justice league dark ride in chillers old spot as the only real new ride. Maybe a new stunt show and food place, and reopen Old Country

Honestly? I'd be happy if they did nothing big next year (a flat)...but instead took the time and money to repair the existing park. GA's parking lot is atrocious, the once cute water tower is such an eyesore...they could do to fix the sidewalks in some areas. Maybe revamp the Great Lake Bandstand and have a show again (either at night like fireworks or what they did for that movie...Camelot or a stunt show during the day). If love to see the Batman stunt show back (even if it wasn't all about Batman).

It's really the little things that need to be done. Why keep adding bigger, more expensive rise when the main infrastructure needs some TLC?

I want a nice new coaster to go in Old Country/Movie town area...but I think they need to address some other issues first.

I know there's a 0% chance of this happening, but Id love to see the park add TWO dark rides next year. Put the justice league dark ride in chillers old spot to revitalize MovieTown and a scooby doo ghost blaster ride in the old sim theater because a haunted house dark ride fits in nicely in the boardwalk area. Coasters and flat rides have a very limited shelf life, but dark rides are extremely popular and keep drawing in crowds for YEARS. The two rides would probably cost as much as a new coaster but would fill holes in the parks ride lineup, be placed in dead areas, and be popular for years and years to come. I know there's concerns with state regulations, but those could be worked out.

Looking at trends, I think that the next few seasons will bring (in one order or the other) a Justice League dark ride (using the old simulator building just like the one at SFOT is) and an RMC coaster similar in scope to Goliath at SFGAm.

I agree. The Dark Ride would fit better than perfect in the old Simulator bldg, and we have the space for a "record seting" RMC creation.

What the park needs is a shuttle coaster, boomerang, chiller-ish, etc. because chiller was the last one the park had

I would like to see an Intamin Impulse in the park as I like the one at Dorney. Maybe Wicked Twister-ish with two twisted spikes. I don't think that GA should ever call Premier again after Chiller. That pile of scrap should have never been built and it should remain as a lesson to the park to wait till the rides have proven themselves before getting one. Something like it built by B&M or Intamin would be good. The only issue with shuttle coasters is that they have a horrible capacity because they can only run one train. However, an Intamin Impulse can probably fit into a flat ride pad and fill up one of the larger unused ones, or be put in Old Country and use the space that wasn't used by a wingrider. I think that it would be really cool if they made the wingrider a 4D, similar to X2, but longer and built by B&M.

I would like to see an Intamin Impulse in the park as I like the one at Dorney. Maybe Wicked Twister-ish with two twisted spikes. I don't think that GA should ever call Premier again after Chiller. That pile of scrap should have never been built and it should remain as a lesson to the park to wait till the rides have proven themselves before getting one. Something like it built by B&M or Intamin would be good. The only issue with shuttle coasters is that they have a horrible capacity because they can only run one train. However, an Intamin Impulse can probably fit into a flat ride pad and fill up one of the larger unused ones, or be put in Old Country and use the space that wasn't used by a wingrider. I think that it would be really cool if they made the wingrider a 4D, similar to X2, but longer and built by B&M.

I don't understand the desire for an impulse...low capacity and while they're fun, they are also somewhat common and nothing special. Chiller was a very unique shuttle, but also low capacity.

If the park is to get another launched, I'd want a full-circuit with substance to it. A cross between Maverick and Helix located in Movietown is my dream coaster, but unfortunately they seem to be out of SF's current price range.

I don't understand the desire for an impulse...low capacity and while they're fun, they are also somewhat common and nothing special. Chiller was a very unique shuttle, but also low capacity.

If the park is to get another launched, I'd want a full-circuit with substance to it. A cross between Maverick and Helix located in Movietown is my dream coaster, but unfortunately they seem to be out of SF's current price range.

They have more capacity that what we are gonna have from Looping Disaster. And how are they common? Dorney Park is the only local theme park that has one. And you are right about the park'a price range which is why I feel like the impulse would be perfect. I've been saying ever since the took out chiller that the spot is absolutely perfect for an that type of coaster!!!! Please SF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do something with the darn station already

A standard Impulse has a capacity of 28 riders. I believe Wicked Twister has 32 per train, but I could be wrong. Either way, it will have more capacity than a Looping Dragon, or maybe even more than Supersuck: Ultimate Bore. If they want more capacity, how about a double impulse. Have one track launch forwards first the other launch backwards first, but randomly choose which way each coaster launches. Personally, I would want a brand new station for these, rather than Chiller's old ugly station.

the only thing i don't like about a justice league dark ride is that i know how bad six flags is with theming. I feel like it will end up like them barley using half the effects most of the time, kind of like what happened with bizzaro how they don't use the mist anymore, or how on green lantern they took away the monster on the first loop and they left the yellow arch there. I'm not even sure when they did that from green lantern, I just went on last week and it was missing, and the other day when i went on nitro i saw it sitting there with all of the other scraps that they leave there.

Just my input...

I recently rode Wicked Twister at Cedar Point. Yes, it is a very thrilling ride that I think Gadv could benefit from. The capacity might be an issue temporarily while it has the "new" factor, but it had minimal waits for the most part at CP.

HOWEVER...

The last new installation of an Intamin inverted impulse coaster was in 2003. That is 13 years back looking at 2016. IMO, not going to happen.

They have more capacity that what we are gonna have from Looping Disaster. And how are they common? Dorney Park is the only local theme park that has one. And you are right about the park'a price range which is why I feel like the impulse would be perfect. I've been saying ever since the took out chiller that the spot is absolutely perfect for an that type of coaster!!!! Please SF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do something with the darn station already

When did I say LD was a good choice? I never compared the two...at all. And comparing one capacity nightmare to a worse one doesn't mean it isn't a capacity nightmare. And the fact that they'd be coming back to back (after ANOTHER capacity killer in Zumanjaro which also cut Ka's capacity in half) makes it even worse.

And to the above poster, why drop $20M on dueling impulses when you can buy one huge, unique continuous circuit coaster? Hell, you could buy dueling Outlaw Run's for that price.

Some people have said that Zumanjaro did not harm KK's capacity much. However, when I've seen DANofNJ at Action Park, he told me that all anyone who wants to get the facts on KK's capacity just needs to talk with an operator. Before Zumanjaro with the one station 3 train setup, it was designed to get 60 launches an hour, however they usually got about 55. With Zunanjaro, they are only getting about 35 launches an hour. They lost almost a third of it's capacity.

I didn't say that you did compare the two. I'm comparing them. A lot of people said that the Impulse was a bad idea, and that SF would probably never add one... but here we are getting ready for a thrill ride that's around the same type of experience.

At least with an Impulse you could actually call it a ROLLER COASTER

I didn't say that you did compare the two. I'm comparing them. A lot of people said that the Impulse was a bad idea, and that SF would probably never add one... but here we are getting ready for a thrill ride that's around the same type of experience.

At least with an Impulse you could actually call it a ROLLER COASTER

It'also about $8M more as well, which would take money from the piggy bank of other future, better additions.

Also, we all know LD is a flat that SF is promoting as a coaster for marketing purposes. I don't care if they call it the world's largest ice cream cone, it's still an oversized Ring of Fire. It's a cheap, value addition just to give the park something before our next major addition.

Just don't get your hopes up about those future, better attractions. At this rate.. they ain't coming anytime soon this decade.

Everything is wrong about LP and the marketing is just terrible. Has anyone went on GA's instgram, twitter, facebook, or any GA associated site? I'm not gonna say all, but the majority of people's comments about what they think is generally negative. Someone even wrote about not even getting a season's pass next year because of how upset they were, which is a little over board in my opinion lol but they obviously don't agree with the 2015 plans.

Yeah now in ride ops training the new practice is load & go.

Just don't get your hopes up about those future, better attractions. At this rate.. they ain't coming anytime soon this decade.

Everything is wrong about LP and the marketing is just terrible. Has anyone went on GA's instgram, twitter, facebook, or any GA associated site? I'm not gonna say all, but the majority of people's comments about what they think is generally negative. Someone even wrote about not even getting a season's pass next year because of how upset they were, which is a little over board in my opinion lol but they obviously don't agree with the 2015 plans.

We just got a very well-executed, unique safari attraction and the world's largest drop tower. In the past 15 years we got the world's first floorless, arguably B&M's best hyper, a flyer, the world's tallest coaster, possibly the world's best standup, and arguably the best wooden coaster in the entire world. I'm kind of upset about LD, but historically we have been arguably the most spoiled park in the chain. I think we are due for a new coaster, but definitely don't need it or necessarily deserve it over some other SF parks.

And I have very, VERY little doubt we won't see, at the very least, a B:TR at SFFT level addition in the next 2 years. My mo ey is on 2016.

Edited by Nitro1118

I read in a couple places about people not getting a season pass bacause of this ride. I actually don't mind the looping dragon

Even with no interest in this ride (I don't like inverting flat rides), I can't imagine not getting a season pass because of it. The park will still have the same great coaster collection next year like this year and people in line for Looping Dragon will take them out of line for the coasters I want to ride.

^I agree. It doesn't make sense not to buy a season pass just because of the ride--just don't go on LD. Im not really mad about the ride, though I do think they should have gotten something with a higher capacity. What Im mad about is them marketing it as a new coaster- and Im willing to bet that even after getting flamed for doing this everywhere on the internet, they will still call it a coaster.

I can see them getting an X-Flight clone with different theming in 2016. I read somewhere that their 5-year plan is for 2015 to be a relatively off year, while 2016 will be the new coaster-again, just speculation.

I don't think they will get an RMC, with El Toro in the same park. They market El Toro as the world's best wooden coaster for a reason.

I think though unlikely, it is possible that they could get a giga. It's not necessary, but they could certainly market SFGA as one of the two parks with a coaster in every height category. Along with a hotel/resort, SFGA would be Six Flag's Cedar Point and perhaps even overtake SFMM, as the latter is just about amount of rides, rather than quality for the most part. I heard a rumor that the Six Flags scheduled to open in Dubai will debut with a B&M giga. If this holds true, (which is very likely as $30 million is pocket change in Dubai XD ) I expect to see Six Flags install more of them, probably first at Magic Mountain. Next they would likely build one at Great Adventure, and because they already have a spectacular B&M in Nitro, could be an Intamin (which im PRAYING for), either MF style, or I-305 style.

Again, these are just my guesses, and I could turn out completely wrong. Also, sorry for such a ridiculously long post!

Edited by KK456

^True. Plus, im not sure when this was said, but I heard that Six Flags said they would never spend as much as they did on Tatsu ($25 million) again as it simply wasn't worth it for them. That sucks because besides RMCs the only truly spectacular steel rides are in the 20 millions category. I would appreciate it if someone told me if Six Flags really did say that and who in particular. IMO they shouldn't have spent the same amount on a B&M flyer as they did with the tallest and second fastest ride in the world. I wonder what made it cost so much

Also, we all know LD is a flat that SF is promoting as a coaster for marketing purposes. I don't care if they call it the world's largest ice cream cone, it's still an oversized Ring of Fire. It's a cheap, value addition just to give the park something before our next major addition.

That made me laugh a little. It will forever be the world's largest ice cream cone to me now ;-)