VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

They seem to make small renovations to the park every year. I notice that TDK:C seems to change almost every year and sometimes in between months. Plus, things do get added to the park. But, a kiddie expansion would be nice! Believe it or not about 7/8 of SFMMs coasters are kiddie coasters! Now thats amazing! That is why they are so popular. They have a great lineup! If we got a kiddie coaster that would be fine! It helps with our lineup! It draws in families that have small children! That is why Kiddie rides and fun flats are important! You have to remember, there are families here too!

They have a diverse lineup for people of all ages. But they aim at keeping the record, so their newer coasters haven't really been up to par, so to speak. Everyone gets at how CP is quality and SFMM is quantity, and it is somewhat true, but they have some great rides though down in SoCal

we do have a good amount of kiddie coasters: RR Express, Mine Train, Skull Mountain, TDKC, Black Beard, and soon to be out newest "coaster" Looping Dragon. What GA should be doing is with every new big addition always put some $ aside to add a little addition for the kids like a small flat ride

Dont forget the many flats we have! SkyScreamer is a good one!

Compared to its past and parks of similar size/attendance/caliber, Gadv really does not have many flat rides. 2012-2015 are all welcome (IMO) flat ride additions, but it is still a department Gadv is seriously lacking in. Between that, water rides, dark rides, and shows, Gadv could (maybe should) go another year before a major coaster investment.

In 2016 I would say most likely is either a dark ride or a coaster. With Looping Dragon being such an insignificant investment, I can only imagine something worthwile/major is on tap. I also think Magic Mountain MIGHT not get a coaster in 2016, so that could be a possibility as well. Time will tell, but there is no reason to complain that Gadv is in dire need of another coaster.

El Toro in 2006 was enough to "hold us over" for quite a while. But then Dark Knight in 2008 and Green Lantern in 2011. People (not pointing fingers) forget that El Toro is not the last coaster Gadv got (new or used, still a coaster. You didn't see people at SFA complaining that Iron Wolf was relocated- would you rather have no coaster?). If it doesn't happen in 2016, I'm sure of 2017. Go enjoy a ride on one of the other incredible coasters that Gadv already has, and realize that the park is greatly improving their non-coaster lineup while you're at it.

Is it a staffing issue or power issue? Do flats require more power than a coaster does? I'm thinking that a flats needs power to continuously run while a coaster uses power only during lift, moving trains from stopped position. As far as staffing, coasters have 3-4 people at station and 1-2 at the lines. So the max of 6 people at a coaster and maybe 2-3 for a flat. Then there's the expense. The initial cost of a coaster is far more and i would imagine so is the maintenance but a coaster would draw more people to the park yet more flats would do the same with variety. It's a tough call.

Now that rougarou was announced, we could very well have a green lantern floorless istead of green gender bender. All though bizarro be removed or simply add regular sit down trains, I would love to see stand up looking trains ( the front of the train) but as sit downs. Those would look great

Is it a staffing issue or power issue? Do flats require more power than a coaster does? I'm thinking that a flats needs power to continuously run while a coaster uses power only during lift, moving trains from stopped position. As far as staffing, coasters have 3-4 people at station and 1-2 at the lines. So the max of 6 people at a coaster and maybe 2-3 for a flat. Then there's the expense. The initial cost of a coaster is far more and i would imagine so is the maintenance but a coaster would draw more people to the park yet more flats would do the same with variety. It's a tough call.

Coasters still need continuous power, the chain lift only slows down to a idle speed and only turns off at closing time or a break down. The air compressors need power to maintain air pressure for the air brakes, and the computer control system that tracks the progress of every train during operation.

^True, which also explains Looping Dragon

Funniest comment I've read all day. Looping Dragon is not a roller coaster, and won't be a stepping stone to any bigger roller coaster. Rolling thunder was a good stepping stone, because it actually has a drop. I would've never gone on Looping Dragon, to prepare myself for El toro.

^^^YES. I couldn't agree more. Bizarro would be amazing in sit-downs, because I heard the design of the trains on Kumba makes the wind spiral into your face. That would also keep Bizarro alive a bit longer ;). And GL would be even more popular with floorless trains, as even people who don't know that much about coasters know it's tough on your ankles and head, and shoulders XD. Honestly, If that was all we got for 2016, I would me more than happy. I seem a little to enthusiastic about this transformation, but I just simply love the idea.

^^Some people are afraid of loops. I know some people personally with that fear, who don't know loops are literally forceless. Once people get over the fear of going upside down, they might be able to progress to the Loopers. I agree with you though that Rolling Thunder was a good stepping stone. Also, NOTHING can prepare you for El Toro. Nothing.

I have always thought Maverick at CP is a good stepping stone... Regular chain lift, not too high, quick turns and an LIM in the middle to surprise you. That would be a good addition to the park and it could weave through out Nitro and start/end possibly in the Chiller station (if the stunt arena is never meant to be used again... but I still want a stunt show to come back).

^Couldn't agree more- But Maverick doesn't use a chain lift :D It uses LSMs for both launches. A blitz would be awesome and I like the idea of weaving through nitro. It could even dive into the nearby trees/forest. Would be cool

I would love to see something like Maverick. We could use more Intamin coasters to balance out the B&M's.

Couln't agree more. Lol we are like the B&M capital of the world

Maverick has a lot of down time. Both times i went, it was the longest line i waited in all day and the second time i went, i had their flash pass! First time, I went when it was new and stood in line for almost 3 hours!

Forgot about its unreliability. Even though the double loading stations increase capacity, I think Six Flags would use it for like the first year or so, then load only one train. They always buy things to increase capacity but never use them (cough...Kingda Ka ...cough)

• Like 1

What if we got B&M trains on a Intamin Blitz? How would that affect capacity? Nitro has the worlds fastest line. You could practically walk to it. i think that's because it has like 4 trains and 36 people trains and a 5 second waiting time. Does anyone know the capacity of Nitro?

Edited by GHdas