VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

As bad as movietown is, I would like to see the whole Adventure Seaport section updated with a new Roller Coaster behind LTSP, a RMC or smaller GCI to make up for loosing Rolling Thunder, a few small flats like a flying scooter and a disco, along with a complete renovation of Congo Rapids and the children's section. LTSP has lost so many rides and the area is screaming for revitalization. Oh and of course Nitro repainted and possibly maybe having some theme and landscaping added would be amazing.

There are so many areas of the park that need to be redone. It saddens me so much as to what became of the Golden Kingdom when the Tigers and Balin's Jungle land left.

well I said in another thread on the park today thinking I was dreaming the rapids were part of loony tunes seaport and not seaport? I said both nitro and Bizzarro would probably go to duiland in that case...and I think Balin's was temporary so the soccer moms would stop whining about kids areas and in 2006 they added the loney toons boomtown area so it viturely was unneeded, and some safari kids rides were in seaport back in '99 and the elephants were added when skyscreamer was built, so its not as bad as what as you think @truepolak90.

@Pineracer I think the children's ride selection is great, I meant more how well themed it was along with the atmosphere of being in a jungle. It would be cool to see Tigerland tree house pop up in safari kids. As far as 2016 goes, I hope we get something that is a completely new experience for the park.

^As long as it's not a prototype.Every time a prototype is built, a bigger and much better one comes out the next year. I would say wait until the concept is developed a little until installing one. This is the perfect time to install a wingrider, as it is new, but has nearly reached its peak. Plus, we could one-up cedar fair in the process ;)

They can't possibly name another coaster "Goliath" It's gotten to the point where if you ask someone if they have ridden "Goliath", the first thing they ask is, "which one?"

and a theming that has never been used. No Superheros, no Goliath, no X "something", just something completely original.

I don't agree with this at all. They need to stop randomly theming things. A lot of these major parks are so great because they usually stick to one or two themes. We have a bunch of random themes scattered all around the park. I think if we were to get a wing rider, it should definitely be super hero or jungle themed.

Edited by YoungPup

I'm kind of surprised that the park didn't opt to remodel/move the kids area for 2015 either instead of or in addition to Looping Dragon. With all the rumors of the demise of the Aqua Stadium and the Great Lake Grandstand, it would seem like an ideal thing to move the kiddie rides out of LTSP area into the middle of the park along the lake. Making it run from BBNP right down to the Buccaneer and alongside Yum Yum over to the Carousel would be a GREAT idea and free up a nice big chunk of land to redevelop between Skull Mountain and Congo Rapids which would be a great spot for an RMC hybrid.

Putting the kiddie rides in the middle would make sense for families, creating one central kids section, which would also be ideal if they are thinking about doing a Holiday in the Park event.

They can't possibly name another coaster "Goliath" It's gotten to the point where if you ask someone if they have ridden "Goliath", the first thing they ask is, "which one?"

Only ENTHUSIASTS which only account for .0001% of the park guests. Most guests have no idea that there are several rides with the same name, let alone there are other Six Flags parks.

I don't agree with this at all. They need to stop randomly theming things. A lot of these major parks are so great because they usually stick to one or two themes. We have a bunch of random themes scattered all around the park. I think if we were to get a wing rider, it should definitely be super hero or jungle themed.

You don't agree with naming and theming a ride something original? Something only symbolic to Great Adventure? You say kingda ka... You think GA. Zumanjaro.. You think GA. El Toro.. You think GA. Nitro... You think GA. Batman the ride... Which park? Superman: ultimate flight: which park? Now with that being said if you were to build a wing rider named after a superhero it would be wise to use a hero that doesn't have a ride named after them. Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman (even tho Goliath in MM was called Aquaman in HBO's Entourage lol) but it's kinda hard to theme one of those with a wingrider.. Or you could just save yourself the trouble and name it something else ;) I'm still rooting for Jersey Devil!!! Fits the ride and shows New Jersey pride

I've always thought Jersey Devil should have been a woody going through the woods (like the Beast), and I always thought it should have gone out over/around Rapids (like Nitro eventually did). I think it's still a great name for a woody, and would be my choice for an RMC coaster. Picture the rails in deep red... :)

Exactly^ traveling through the woods in the middle of the night would be so exhilarating and terrifying at the same time, and would be an entirely different ride from El Toro. Theming would be easy, in the que you could have articles and stories of the legend to build up suspense. Ah.. Hopefully one day

^YES. ^^AND YES. That would be amazing at night. It never even occurred to me. I disagree with the red rails though. Too common. Maybe a deep violet would be nice, or even green.

they should make the que just a small dirt path in the woods or at least a concrete path that looks like dirt and blends in with the rest of the woods and only have a rope fence. The ride should have black supports with a red track. That would be great.

• Like 1

I would have to agree with you guys on the Jersey Devil. Anything horror-ish, I'm all for.

if you were to build a wing rider named after a superhero it would be wise to use a hero that doesn't have a ride named after them. Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman.

100% agree with you. I can't think of a superhero that would fit a Wing Rider though.

• Like 1

I LOVE the Jersey Devil theme!! As far as prototypes go, I agree with @KK456. If BTR at SFFT proves to be a success, then I'd love to see a much bigger and badder version at our park. The whole 4D free spin concept is definitely something the GP will eat up. Even better would be a wing rider and an S&S free spin both in movie town. I wish I was in charge of park additions for six flags... but then again I would probably go over budget lol!

• Like 1

I would have to agree with you guys on the Jersey Devil. Anything horror-ish, I'm all for.

100% agree with you. I can't think of a superhero that would fit a Wing Rider though.

All I can think of is Hawkman or Hawkwoman... But not everyone even knows who they are xD and I'm all for a horror type ride! Thorpe Park has Saw: the ride, Busch Gardens has Verbolten, Alton Towes has Nemesis and Th13teen. I can imagine eerie noises playing in the woods when u pass by. They could really go all in for that for Fright Fest as well.

According to Six Flags recent additions chain wide, these are the possible rides we could see for 2016.

- A RMC Hybrid from scratch (Ex: Goliath)

- A Wing Rider Hopefully breaking the tallest inversion record with a launch please!

- A Justice League Dark ride (Movietown or former simulator building, go karts can be relocated).

- A S&S 4D free spin, Bigger and badder than BTR at SFFT.

- An Intamin zac spin, but the S&S free spin looks like its more fun, can't say much until BTR opens.

- A GCI wooden coaster can be possible but the new management hasn't installed any yet so this might be less then likely.

- A Premier launched coaster with hopefully a much longer layout then Yolocoaster.

The following is something I would expect SFGA to add after a major new coaster/ride on a off year.

- A revamped childrens area ..again like Bugs Bunny Boomtown

- One of those top spins replacing twister that La Ronde added, also known as a pounding surf in RCT3.

- A Tsunami water ride by mach (I forgot the actual ride name)

- Flying Scooters have been popping up at SF parks recently as well.

Wishful thinking

- A record breaking #Giga ala Jersey Devil

- S&S 4D X like the one @ SFMM

- Frisbee, a large one or a zamperla disko

- More and more flats..

Last but not least .... SHOWS!! and lots of them. That's all folks!

• Like 1

If you name anything after Batman I'm fine with it lol but that's just my nerd side talking. If they were ever to (knock on wood) remove or retheme batman the ride.. I could definitely see a new wingrider being themed Batwing or something.. Has anyone ever gone on Batwing in SFA?? Now THAT was an amazing ride.