VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2016 needs to be the resurrection of Movietown. I can't imagine any other area that needs more attention. The only other thing that I can see happening is a JL dark ride in the simulators old spot. If we get that exact ride then it could go either way with Movietown or the Boardwalk... But knowing SF they would add it in the Golden Kingdom -.- lol but I can see a larson tilt-a-whirl and flying scooters occupying areas next to the showcase theater, and hopefully several other flats along with a bigger, more thrilling flat, kinda like a giant discovery.

2016 just doesn't seem like a new coaster year. If it was I wouldn't want it in Movietown. The area is nothing but coasters anyway

In 2016, I think we should get a clone of Full Throttle (Maybe with a slightly bigger loop, because SFGA is all about record breaking) not sure where in the park though. And a more up-kept park (They could even do that this year) I don't really have interest in an RMC, but if we were to get a wooden coaster, I'd like to see one similar to Rolling Thunder, with it being not too tall and not extremely intense, because I think we need coasters that younger kids can go on, as like a stepping stone for bigger coasters, and Rolling Thunder was a good one.

^ I don't think some of you guys are keeping up with the park. The chiller station will be turned into a clown haunted attraction for the 2015 Fright Fest. Also, many people keep saying to put the JL ride in the simulation building, which couldn't really happen unless you got rid of the 2 haunted attractions which are both located in that building.

I don't think they would build a whole new structure for a JL dark ride. When it comes down to it id rather see them use the simulator or chiller station for an all season running attraction (which could also run during the winter adventure) as opposed to an uncharged fright fest maze. There's plenty of other areas they could use for the asylum. The batman stunt show area would be perfect for that. They could even do an escape for arkham asylum theme

I think RMC actually might have been able to do some pretty cool things with RT's layout, but unfortunately they didn't think so. (Think of how cool it would have sounded; Iron Thunder, or maybe we would have gotten a custom name like Twisted Colossus or Wicked Cyclone!)

First off, they really did need the space for Zumanjaro's queue. You walk right by RT's former turnaround.

Secondly, the ride was fairly short for the length and had really only one turn that could be made into anything interesting.

Finally, I think all the Iron Horse coasters have custom names. The only one with "Iron" is Iron Rattler.

With Fort Independence closed now (probably for good), that would be a PRIME location for a new Coaster Station. It would need to be a major ride in such a visible spot from the entrance to the park, and it would give the park some "balance" with the major coasters locations.

Edited by Railer

they deff need a coaster in the "inside" of the park not just at each end. That has always been my issue with GADV coaster. You cant fully walk around them, Only one was chiller And by walk around I mean the coaster lies completely inside the park

Edited by Mrpq

With Fort Independence closed now (probably for good), that would be a PRIME location for a new Coaster Station. It would need to be a major ride in such a visible spot from the entrance to the park, and it would give the park some "balance" with the major coasters locations.

I have been saying this since 2013. The station goes there and the rest of the coaster goes over the lake. That would be awesome.

• Like 1

I wouldn't want to ruin the serenity of the lake though. At the same time, they don't use it for anything. Maybe if it went behind skull mountain and that way. Whatever it is, even id it's not record breaking, it will be someting new and unique.

Just back from the park. 2016 may have already started, the Old Country has alot more going on than just a path going thru it. A construction trailer by where the Musik Express was is on site, and alot of markings on the new path. Pics in a PTR in shortly.

• Like 1

Just back from the park. 2016 may have already started, the Old Country has alot more going on than just a path going thru it. A construction trailer by where the Musik Express was is on site, and alot of markings on the new path. Pics in a PTR in shortly.