VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I hope you people know that a Free-Spin and a Free-Fly are two totally different rollercoasters. Fiesta Texas has a Free-Spin. The rumor is that we will be getting a Free-Spin.

Yeah, i know the difference, but i've written it both ways since they came to be. S&S consider them in the same "family" of Coaster's and the "Free-Spin" the little brother of the "Free-Fly". One thing S&S has said frequently, in a couple interview's is the big difference will always be a "Free-Spin" will never have a "turn" on the course. That's why i don't think we will ever see a "dual station" on one of them.

Yeah, i know the difference, but i've written it both ways since they came to be. S&S consider them in the same "family" of Coaster's and the "Free-Spin" the little brother of the "Free-Fly". One thing S&S has said frequently, in a couple interview's is the big difference will always be a "Free-Spin" will never have a "turn" on the course. That's why i don't think we will ever see a "dual station" on one of them.

Actually, if anything the FreeFly is the little brother. This is the Free Fly:

c1qp23c8005bd2orjjkhe9.jpg

I think you are thinking of the standard 4D like X.

The 4D coaster doesn't seem like my type of ride, but if we get one I'll definitely try it. I mean, at least we would get something that is actually a coaster unlike 2015

Ive also ridden GL at SFMM, its very fun until that last element. The leaked layout I found of the 10 Element Free Spin (or however many elements it was), the ending seemed to be much calmer

And S&S prominently displaying the layout on their website is nowhere near being "leaked".

I hate the term 4D coaster. What ride isn't 4D?

Ironically, the 4D Free-spin. Since it doesn't have any turns, it only moves in an x and y plane (2 dimensions). The third and final dimension would be the rotation of the seat.

^ we both know the 10 element image wasn't "leaked", more like just "found", but it was already "out there". It's just an older design with the angled lift hill. Back then in that interview i pulled the screen grab from, they talk about the capacity issue, and how they realize it is a BIG problem with the design. I think that is why they elongated the Station, and made it a verticle lift. But the only real design difference from a "6 element" and the 10 is another "back and forth" section was added and it's higher. The spin-fins are in a little different spot's too since the course is longer.

Oh, i didn't think anyone would think the one from the site was a "leak". That version has the PDF spec sheet on it too. It don't matter though, i am starting to get excited for a new ride experience at the Park. It will be a good fit and bring more variety to the Park's Coaster experiences. We do need that with our B&M collection that has grown over the year's.

Okay so I'm new here, but I've been hearing all this speculation about the S&S free-spin at the lake front. As much as i'd rather this not happen and we'd get something better, i used google earth to see how it would fit. The diagram of the Free-Fly on the S&S website shows the footprint is 280ft wide and i included pictures to show how it compares to the lakefront. The coaster is small enough to either fit in the grandstands footprint or fort independence's footprint. (the size of the lines/ footprints are circled in orange of where the coaster could fit.) If they are removing everything along the lakefront and we end up getting the free-spin, we're either going to have a lot of space to include other things such as flats (I hope) or retail and food locations, or we're just going to have a lot of empty space. Hopefully we get option number 1 with new flats, retail locations, and food offerings. (I previously posted this on the tpr GADV discussion forum incase anyone checks both)

screen_shot_2015-07-06_at_6_3.pngscreen_shot_2015-07-06_at_6_4.png

WOW! Very cool diagram. I can imagine that some of the Grandstand area will be used for some shops for the S&S Free Fly and maybe a new food place. I have heard from someone that knows Fitzgerald personally (they have showed me proof) that it will be a coaster, it will spin you, and the ride exit will trick you (like a funhouse i guess). If what this guy is telling me seems to be true, the Total Mayhem name could seem to be true. Anyway, nice diagram. Great way to fill dead spaces of the park! I am told that Fort Independence (Option 1) will be where the coaster is.

Edited by Yoshi
Merged double posts

I can see them putting it where the fort used to be just because it will be something new and exciting to catch your eye as you enter the park at the end of that midway

If you have been on this forum for a LOOONG time. You would remember someone stated that the view would change when you enter the park. I guess he was right!

Nice with the diagram's. I was wondering and trying to "eye up" how much space it is along the Grandstand and Stadium over the weekend at the Firework's. But i think it will be close to "Blackbeard's" as well. But it may go into the area the Grandstand occupies now, my quess is maybe a 1/4 of the way into it. We are supposed to be getting the bigger version, it may be a little longer than the 280ft., and it will have a perimeter of fencing a bit bigger than the rides footprint also. No specs for that version out yet, from the pics of the 2 version's, it look's to be almost the same length. But i'm sure the station will be definetly longer than the "Batman" version, because were supposed to have a better capacity than "Batman".

it will be a coaster, it will spin you, and the ride exit will trick you (like a funhouse i guess). If what this guy is telling me seems to be true, the Total Mayhem name could seem to be true. Anyway, nice diagram. Great way to fill dead spaces of the park!

I immediately think Laff Trakk at Hershey, because of the funhouse theme, but I just had this idea which would make the Free-Spin or Free-Fly or wtf it's called, better. If it were indoor. Imagine it being indoor and having neon light up things like Laff Trakk, that would be awesome! And it would be like nothing any other park has. I'm not saying I think that's what we'll get, I'm just saying it would be sick.

WE NEED SOME HINTS!!

Edited by YoungPup

Yeah i mentioned this in a previous post, teasers should start coming soon. Also ^ if it's indeed a coaster then of course the teaser campaign will be larger than last year, which was just for El Diablo which didn't need an enormous campaign

Yeah i mentioned this in a previous post, teasers should start coming soon. Also ^ if it's indeed a coaster then of course the teaser campaign will be larger than last year, which was just for El Diablo which didn't need an enormous campaign

Yeah, if I remember correctly the clues were just pictures of circular objects. Interesting at the time, absolutely hilarious in retrospect.

Don't be surprised if this is our first clue this year:

SKU117580-1.JPG

(Horrible pic but I always thought the Free-Spin looked like a simple bead maze toy from the side...still less corny than El Diablo's teasers)

Edited by Nitro1118

I just caught up on pages of posts I haven't read, and my goodness it seems like whatever the park adds nobody will ever be satisfied. Lol

I'm all for the free spin because it is a different ride experience, but I'm not too crazy about the "Total Mayhem" or "Mayhem" theme. I believe it still needs a more whimsical name for being in the Fantasy Forest. But hey enough complaining turned Looping Dragon into El Diablo so I'm not too concerned for now

• Like 1