VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Gold Membership

drdfresh

I purchased a membership last year with 8 people as part of the membership. Just like it is this year, we were upgraded to a gold membership with free season parking. However, one person in my group no longer wanted the membership. They wouldn't let me just drop the one person so I had to cancel all memberships purchased last year and then repurchase new ones this year. It is actually slightly cheaper this year so I did not mind all that much.

My question is when I processed my pass this year there is no indication that I am a Gold member on the face of the pass. I am wondering how the early entry process will work. Both at Great Adventure and SFNE a guard checked the pass to see that it said "Gold" before letting you into the park early. Is the process the same? Do I need a different Pass?

One last question. Last year's passes has our picture on it. My 10 year old son's fingerprint never gets recognized and the picture has helped us save time. Can you get a pass with a picture?

I had the same question last year, about the additions to the pass not being listed such as the upgrade and parking. I was told that its all in the information saved in the pass database and didn't need to be shown on the pass. I assume when you want to take advantage of the early park entrance.

I'm surprised your son had issues with the scanner,the few times we had to scan we had no issues. Maybe we were lucky, even my 9 year old scanned each time. We weren't given the option to have pictures on the new passes, my wife said they told her no but she was given the option of keeping her old pass. Thar on did have her picture on it. We chose new passes. Since my youngest daughter is 9 they put her picture on hers.

Maybe if you talk tot he right person they will print the pass with your son's picture.

Edited by scott

Mine are new this year and don't have gold anywhere on them. I bought them in May and in July our niece moved in with us. I could not add her to my plan so I pay more for her then the other 4 and hers is not a gold. Next year I'm going to cancel them and buy new ones during the sale time and get all 5 on 1 package.

As for the scanners it never fails that one of us gets held up. Normally me as my fingers get cut a lot with work. Maybe half of the time mine will never read and it takes forever for me to get in. I would much rather have a picture on ours.

My 5 yr old daughter's finger NEVER scanned. We went to the season pass processing center, and as we had gotten our passes last October all our pictures were on them already. But they overrode the need for her to have her finger scanned and they just went by her photo. Had she not already had a photo, then they would have taken a new one.

I purchased a membership last year with 8 people as part of the membership. Just like it is this year, we were upgraded to a gold membership with free season parking. However, one person in my group no longer wanted the membership. They wouldn't let me just drop the one person so I had to cancel all memberships purchased last year and then repurchase new ones this year. It is actually slightly cheaper this year so I did not mind all that much.

Question: When did you get yours? I bought my membership (the pay a little each month) last year the end of October. I didn't realize that the membership would roll over to this year...so i purchased passes during the Labor Day sale this year. I ended up emailing them through the website and they called me back. I had to cancel my original membership, and they left my new ones (where I added 2 passes) as is. The rep told me that I should only be billed once...but when I cancelled the original membership, it said I was required to pay Sept and Oct (to make the 12 month commitment).

Just curious if your term was up when you got the new membership.

Question: When did you get yours? I bought my membership (the pay a little each month) last year the end of October. I didn't realize that the membership would roll over to this year...so i purchased passes during the Labor Day sale this year. I ended up emailing them through the website and they called me back. I had to cancel my original membership, and they left my new ones (where I added 2 passes) as is. The rep told me that I should only be billed once...but when I cancelled the original membership, it said I was required to pay Sept and Oct (to make the 12 month commitment).

Just curious if your term was up when you got the new membership.

I currently have two memberships. I purchased them later in September last year. Since it is a month to month membership after the first year I assumed I would have to give 30 days notice to cancel. As it turns out, the agreement states that you have to give 45 days notice to cancel. I had to pay for an extra month on the old membership because of that extra notice. I wanted to take advantage of the season pass dining sale they had during labor day so I ended getting next years membership earlier this year. I probably paid a bit more in the end but that's what I get for not knowing the terms of the agreement. If I need to cancel again next year if one of my members want to drop out, I'll be better prepared.