VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Trip Report, Six Flags America... 9/28/2014

robertleax

I was on the way back from visiting my parents at Lake Gaston VA (on the NC border) and since I was on I95 heading back to philly I decided to stop by SFA for an hour for a few quick rides. I was just by myself... no wife and kids.

Got to the park at 11:40am and the park did not open until noon except for SP Gold holders (10 min early).

Went to Joker's Jinx 1st, but on the 1st test run it did not make it back to the station so I headed over to Superman.

Front row 1st coaster out. Not the best ride but had 3 rerides in the middle row without changing seats (2 trains running). Could have rode it atleast a dozen times since the trains were not nearly full.

Next was Batwing, front row (walk on also). I still love this much better than our SUF. Only rode once since I only wanted to stay at the park for an hour but could have re-rode this several more times (one train running).

Joker's Jinx next with a reride. I actually was not paying attention and forgot about the launch. I like this ride but FOF at Kings Dominion is better since it's inside and in the dark (one train running).

Wild One had a station wait, went to the back row and the ride was a lot rougher in the back than in the front (two trains running).

Was going to ride Ragin Cajun but it just started to have maintenance issues..

It was alittle after 1pm and I wanted to get home to watch the Eagles game (which was a waste) so I decided to leave.

I still like this park and wished I stayed longer to hit a few more rides and to see some shows. It was crowded (mainly with families) by the time I left at about 1:15pm and the main lot (it's small) was full and they were starting to fill up the 2nd lot.

Last time I went to SFA was on the last Sunday last year and it was the same way (and situation...coming back from visiting my parents). I might take the family back in a few weeks (hit DC museums on a Saturday, SFA Saturday night; stay over and hit SFA the next day for a few hours before heading back home).

7 coaster rides in an hour was worth a drive-by though.

• Like 1