VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Planning a visit on summer 2015!

JouniR.

Hi,

I live in Finland in northern Europe. I will travel New York next summer with my brother. Our visit will be from 23rd of June to 3rd of July. It has been a long time dream to do the trip and now it will finally happen :-) One of the highlights will be the one day visit to the six flags Great Adventure. Park’s coasters are something that don’t exist in my country. It will be fantastic to get change to ride the best coasters in the world.

I have, however, some questions concerning our visit. I wonder could you enthusiasts have the answers to these or at least part of these. I would be truly grateful.

1. Our plan is to travel to the park by bus using NJTransit service. I have learned that summertime is very busy and the park is really packed. Do you happen to know how popular that NJTransit service from New York to GA is on summer time? Are the seats from the busses often sold out? How can I make sure that we get the coach the day we are planning the visit. We wouldn’t like to buy tickets very much in advance because we would like to follow weather forecasts to make sure the weather would be ideal on the visiting day. Do you have any tips for what would be the best way to purchase tickets and how advance we should do that?

2. Because the park is obviously very busy on June and July, we are considering possibility to purchase platinum flash passes from the six flags online store. Do you recommend this? Or could Flash Pass gold or regular be sufficient enough to guarantee access all the major rides on one day? On the website it reads that there is only limited number of flash passes for one day. Do you know if it’s usual that the flash passes will be sold out on summertime? How much advance we should buy those passes to make sure we get ones? Once again we would like to follow weather forecasts before we decide on which day we are making the visit…

3. Is it possible to queue for the front row seats of the coasters? Or is it just the game of luck…

4. We are especially looking forward to ride Kingda Ka, Nitro, El Toro, Bizarro and Green Lantern coasters. Is it usual that some of those major rides are closed during summer season on a typical day?

Really would love if some of you could find the time to answer these questions. You are indeed really lucky to live near such an amazing coasters and park. Really looking forward the visit :-D

Jouni from Finland

I can answer 2, 3 and 4...

2. Platinum is probably a waste of money. Especially if you go during the week, gold is definitely enough. They rarely sell out of flash passes, so you'd be fine waiting until just before your visit or at the park.

3. Absolutely! You can choose your row in the station, but the lines for front rows are often much longer. I'd recommend the last two rows on El Toro, and as close to the front as you like on the others.

4.Unless they are broken down, all rides are scheduled to operate. Kingda Ka goes down for rain, and is the most sensitive and difficult to run, so you should watch for that if rain is in the forecast. All the other coasters are very reliable and generally don't break down for long on the rare occasion they do. You should have no problem.

Glad to help, you'll love the park.

• Like 1

I can answer 2, 3 and 4...

2. Platinum is probably a waste of money. Especially if you go during the week, gold is definitely enough. They rarely sell out of flash passes, so you'd be fine waiting until just before your visit or at the park.

3. Absolutely! You can choose your row in the station, but the lines for front rows are often much longer. I'd recommend the last two rows on El Toro, and as close to the front as you like on the others.

4.Unless they are broken down, all rides are scheduled to operate. Kingda Ka goes down for rain, and is the most sensitive and difficult to run, so you should watch for that if rain is in the forecast. All the other coasters are very reliable and generally don't break down for long on the rare occasion they do. You should have no problem.

Glad to help, you'll love the park.

Thank you so much for your answers. It was helpful. I'm sure too that I'll love the park :-D

Does anyone have thoughts or tips about question 1?

I say avoind going on the weekend or Friday if you can help it. Even Thrusday should be avoided but it is still better than Friday or weekend days. I would also check for special events on their website and try to avoid event days. Concerts or special groups can make the park very crowded.

• Like 1

I say avoind going on the weekend or Friday if you can help it. Even Thrusday should be avoided but it is still better than Friday or weekend days. I would also check for special events on their website and try to avoid event days. Concerts or special groups can make the park very crowded.

That was also useful to know. So we are going to do the visit on monday, tuesday or wednesday and won't visit if there's special event in the park. Thank's for information :-)