VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Intense, Limited Run BATMAN™ Backwards

29yrswithaGApass

I talked with Kristin (from PR) about Batman Backwards yesterday. They're working on a tight schedule to minimize the downtime. She's confident the ride will be on schedule on the park's part, but it all comes down to getting state approval in time. That's probably why they haven't announced a preview day yet.

It seems unlikely it would be ready for tomorrow. If they even closed the ride today, that would only give them 1 day to take off the forward train, put on the backwards trains and have it certified for opening and any number test runs it might have to have.

I haven't heard anything about a preview event outside of this topic, so I wouldn't plan on it.

Yeah, you're probably right. And there's supposed to be thunderstorms tomorrow so it would probably have been cancelled anyway.

NAMTAB is on the Track, and testing now at the Park. Couple vid's up on FB. A Passholder preview may happen, be ready this week if you can make it. But i bet it will be just a tad bit slower without the weight of 4 additional rider's with the 7th row on the Train. It won't hardly even be noticeable, but a 1 or 2 MPH drop in speed will help with the increased intensity of going backward's. 4 people at an average of 200lbs, plus the weight of the seat's and everything with them, its' prob close to a 1,000lbs. off the Train.

EDIT : Word on FB is Passholder Preview is the 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

Edited by Railer

Just noticed in the weekly park e-mail that they're holding passholder ERT for this on July 7th. A nice consolation as I won't be able to make it down this week.

Note that's part of the Coca Cola July 4th celebration, so you need to bring a can of coke to participate.

Ignore this

Edited by Matt Kaiser

^In that newsletter, go to the Batman backwards spotlight and click 'learn more'. It's buried at the bottom of that page. I myself missed it the first few times I read the e-mail.

With he rain all over this morning the park was not crowded when I got there with my family at around 4 this afternoon. There was nothing more than a station wait for any ride we went to. We went right to batman for a backwards ride. It was a lot of fun, my girls loved it. It is a different feeling not seeing what's coming up next. I have been riding Batman since it opened and know the layout as I'm sure everyone does but backwards is a fun new experience.

Edited by scott