VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure Visit 4/9/15

KK456

So I went to the park today, since on Monday I accomplished nearly nothing at the park with the insane crowds, and it was a complete 180 from the bad experience I had on Monday.

The crowds were non-existent at the start, then slowly it began to populate, but not too much. Almost every ride was a walk-on, and the longest wait I encountered was 15 minutes (no lie). I got to ride every coaster plus Zumanjaro and Skyscreamer, so all in all it was a great trip. It was drizzling and freezing cold though, but I say it was worth it.

Im going to just list all the information as I'm too tired to type a whole story-line :lol2:

Nitro was closed for almost the whole day, and was testing just as long. It opened at around 3PM, and I got to ride in the front row after waiting 10 minutes. Unfortunately, the reports of Nitro being noticeably slower because of the new wheels not breaking in were true; the train crawled over the airtime hills and the experience just wasn't as good as usual. Hopefully by next time the wheels will have broken in!

I practically walked on to Batman and it was intense as usual. I rode it and every other ride in the front row, so that was a plus.

Bizarro was so empty that if you wanted to ride again, the operator said to just find a row nobody is waiting for! I was in a hurry so I only rode once.

Green Lantern for some reason was much smoother and enjoyable than usual. It was also a walk on, and at first they were running 1 train but they later decided to bring out the second as crowds grew.

The same applied with Superman. I was actually in line when they brought out the second train, so there was a major delay. The staff were inefficient, taking forever to load each train. I think I waited much longer than I should have to ride honestly.

When I walked into the Golden Kingdom, I was astonished; Kingda Ka was a walk-on. We ran to the station and within 5 minutes we were on, despite a couple people being in front of us. People caught on though, and crowds grew. Even then, they were running 2 trains with extraordinary efficiency. It only broke down once all day, and it had nothing to do with the ride itself (An airgate came loose so they had to drill it back in). Again the launches were very powerful, with no trains coming anywhere near a rollback. I rode twice, both in front. When I left, I noticed something very interesting. They actually ran Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro simultaneously! It was only one time, but it was really cool to see.

I thought they would resume testing on El Diablo, but I didn't see any. Then I saw that they were installing the flames onto the ride. It looks a lot better personally.

Zumanjaro was also a walk-on and I waited 2 minutes. I had never been on it during the day, so it was a bit new to me. It was incredible as usual.

El Toro was very unreliable. It seemed to break down every time we got in line, and get repaired whenever we got in line for another ride. It was really frustrating, but at the end of the day I got my ride. They were running only 1 train, so despite the not-so-crowded station, it was a bit of a long wait compared to the others.

I decided to go on Skyscreamer for the second time because I had some spare time. It's a nice experience, and I'm glad they added it to the park in 2012. I also went on the Skyride a couple of times and I definitely saw the trailer and the markers that everyone is speculating about, although the path to Old Kingdom itself was closed today.

I went home at around 4:30 as I was tired and there was nothing left to ride (I didn't feel like riding twice). Honestly, that experience was a completely different and better experience than the last time I went. I suspect it wasn't crowded because of the weather and the fact that it was the mid-end of the week, but I'm not complaining. I'm glad I went today!

Are they still sending two kingda ka trains for every zumanjaro ride?

From what I saw, no. They were running Kingda Ka normally for the most part and I only saw it stop for Zumanjaro once all day. They would launch it even if Zumanjaro was up, but it was only in sync once.