VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Security Issues

YoungPup

There seems to be a lack of security in some parts of the park, like the wheelchair entrance of El Toro...Here's an email I sent to GA today because of my visit on the 18th:

So me and my younger brother were waiting in the back of El Toro (The wheel chair entrance) because my older brother was on, and we wanted to be able to watch him come down the drop, and that's the best view, and so while we're waiting for him to get on the ride (We're still on the wheelchair ramp) I hear someone say "Sir" and it's coming from the ride (The train is waiting to go back into the station) and then I hear "Sir" again, and so I turn around to look and nobody is looking at me and so I turn back, and then I hear it again and so I turn around one more time and still nobody is looking at me and so I just ignore him. 5 minutes later, I see 3 guys walking towards the wheelchair ramp (At least one of them were smoking, but I didn't see if any of the other guys were) and I'm thinking "Why are these guys coming to this ramp, there's nothing back here" and so I got scared, and I was going to go to the top of the ramp and go inside the wheelchair entrance and then just go out the exit, but I decided against that and then I hear "Siiiir" and I did not know what to do, I felt like I was about to be beat up/killed/I don't even know, and so they start walking up the ramp, and since I'm in the middle of the ramp, I had to jump off the 10 foot high ramp, as did my brother and we start running and one of the 3 guys yells "HEY! GET BACK HERE!" and we just kept running until we got to the photo booth thing, where we attempt to tell the employee whats going on, but we're both out of breath, and she asks us if we want her to call security, and I couldn't even think of what was going on so I just said "Well lets wait to see if they come out" and so we just wait at the photo booth for our brother to come off the ride, and to see if the guys ever come out. So our brother came off the ride about 5 minutes later, but the guys never came back.

I don't know what the heck these guys wanted, but it was pretty scary and something like this has never happened to me at any park.

What did the guys look like? Were they young, old, how were they dressed, tone of voice? I can't really tell if maybe you were overreacting just because of some of the things that go on in the world today or if they actually seemed as if they wanted to harm you.

What did the guys look like? Were they young, old, how were they dressed, tone of voice? I can't really tell if maybe you were overreacting just because of some of the things that go on in the world today or if they actually seemed as if they wanted to harm you.

Late 20s, one guy had a long basketball jersey on, which was also the one smoking, other guys were probably dressed the same. The big thing that scared me was that 1, they were messing with me when they were on the ride, and 2, what would be there reason to come back to where we were? There's nothing back there? I hope GA has a security camera back there, so maybe they could pull up the video.

Just so this is clear, you were standing on the handicap ramp to watch your brother ride and some guys on one of the trains sitting on the brake run keeps asking sir at you? Then later the same guys who kept saying sir on the train, walk up the handicap ramp torwards you still asking sir? Perhaps they thought you were line cutters trying to sneak through the handicap entrance and got pissed off? I have run into people with very short fuses at GADV. The yelling "Get back here" sounds like they were angry at you for some reason?

Edited by The Master

I don't want to doubt you or your story, but it sounds embellished, and seems like you maybe overreacted. You really thought you were about to be killed because someone kept saying "Sir" to you?

Yeah, it seems like a severe overreaction to jump off a 10ft ramp and run away at full speed over a couple of guys saying, "Sir." If this was at an area of the park where no one is at to help you, I'd maybe understand. But, the likelihood of getting jumped during the day near the station of one of the park's most popular coasters is VERY unlikely. I would have at least asked them what they wanted before ever thinking of reacting.

• Like 1

Maybe they just had a question? It's fine to feel scared but jumping off a 10foot ramp and running instead of just walking up into the station by the employee or other guests wasn't the smartest thing. I think your fears got the best of you and you may have over reacted a little bit. They probably yelled hey get back here because you running triggered something in their head and now made you look suspicious.

Maybe they just had a question? It's fine to feel scared but jumping off a 10foot ramp and running instead of just walking up into the station by the employee or other guests wasn't the smartest thing. I think your fears got the best of you and you may have over reacted a little bit. They probably yelled hey get back here because you running triggered something in their head and now made you look suspicious.

They would've asked me the question when I looked over at them twice when they were on the ride.

If this was at an area of the park where no one is at to help you, I'd maybe understand. But, the likelihood of getting jumped during the day near the station of one of the park's most popular coasters is VERY unlikely. I would have at least asked them what they wanted before ever thinking of reacting.

There were no employees there that I could've talked to. Me and brother are both teens and these guys were probably about 28, and there were three of them. If they would've started beating us up, nobody would've seen it happen. And it was not a friendly "Excuse me Sir" it was almost a mimicking kind of "Sir" and if they seriously wanted to ask me something, there would've been no reason to start walking up the ramp, they could've asked us whatever they wanted to ask us, 1, when they were on the ride yelling "Sir" at us, and 2, by standing in front of the ramp. Jumping off the ramp was a split second decision and was the first thing that came to mind once they started walking up the ramp.

The yelling "Get back here" sounds like they were angry at you for some reason?

Exactly, which doesn't make any sense, because they saw us just standing there, not trying to go up to the ride, and they saw our brother give us his wallet so he could go on the ride, so I'm guessing they knew we were just waiting for them. There's no way they were rule enforcers, considering at least one of them was smoking.

Who were they mimicking? Was someone else saying sir and they were imitating that person?

I said it was almost in a mimicking voice, almost like a taunt.

You really should of had security come over so you could report it so they know that things like that are happening. Plus Im pretty sure all major coaster should have a guard wandering nearby.

I really should have.