VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

July 4th Packed with BATMAN: The Ride Backwards, Concerts & Special Events

29yrswithaGApass

July 4th Weekend Packed with Launch of BATMAN™: The Ride Backwards,

Concerts and Special Events

JACKSON, NJ — June 22, 2015 — Six Flags Great Adventure unveils a second thrilling roller coaster experience for 2015 as it flips one of its most innovative and adrenaline-charged coasters, BATMAN™: The Ride, backwards for a limited time beginning July 4th weekend. The world’s largest theme park also teams up with Coca-Cola® to celebrate Independence Day with July 4th Fest from July 3 to 5. Guests can enjoy some of the best thrill rides in the world, listen to live music and watch dazzling fireworks displays.

BATMAN™: The Ride becomes even more intense as it undergoes a gravity-defying role reversal from July 4th weekend to Labor Day weekend. Guests can take on an all-new experience on the world-famous suspended, looping coaster when its chair lift-style train is flipped 180 degrees on the track. The excitement is magnified since guests cannot see the twists and turns that await them as they soar at speeds up to 50 mph through five gut-wrenching inversions. Since opening in 1993, BATMAN™: The Ride has given more than 27 million thrilling rides and reigns as one of the most popular roller coasters in the world.

During July 4th Fest, guests can present a can of Coca-Cola® along with an admission ticket, Season Pass or active Membership to enjoy exclusive ride time each morning on some of the park’s most popular coasters including El Toro, Kingda Ka and the new El Diablo looping coaster. In the evening, guests can watch as stunning fireworks illuminate the night sky.

Coca-Cola presents Plan B and Tony Dize in concert at the Plymouth Rock Assurance® Arena July 3. Plan B, a Puerto Rican Reggaeton duo consisting of cousins Chencho and Maldy, rose to fame in 2002 when they released their first studio album, El Mundo Del Plan B: Los Que La Montan. Tony Dize is an American Reggaeton singer of Puerto Rican descent whose most recent hit includes "Duele El Amor." The event is free with theme park admission, Season Pass or active Membership.

In appreciation for the service and sacrifice made by U.S. military members and their families, Six Flags and Coca-Cola® are again proud to support Operation Homefront as part of July 4th Fest. A portion of tickets sold through Coca-Cola® will benefit Operation Homefront, and from June 29 through July 12, guests will be able to make a special donation to Operation Homefront online. In addition, Six Flags Great Adventure will proudly host 500 military personnel and their families for a day full of fun and thrills.

Next door at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, the culinary team is turning up the heat at the new Cabana Cove Bar & Grill. This open-air kitchen features island-style jerk chicken, tri-tip steak sandwiches, juicy hot dogs, fresh salads and more. The park also introduces an upgraded Cabana Cove, with new, luxury cabanas surrounded by a lush, tropical landscape.

More information is available at www.sixflags.com/greatadventure or by calling 732/928-2000.

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

No way am i missing at least seeing one of these show's and getting good "lower row" seat's. Were def going on Fri, and maybe Sun too. They put out the speaker mount's along the front of the Grandstand a few week's ago, that's a good sign. Hopefully if it is the last show's the way it's been, the park will pay for a little bigger show than in the past. And they have always been awesome show's, "Rock Loves" is still the best Firework's i ever saw. But hopefully they really go out with a "bang", maybe they will say something in the announcement's before the start of the show's even.

I might go on friday. I went one time for the 4th of July but that was during the saturday night lights. Do they do "rock loves" every 4th? I have never seen the park so busy and leaving was a nightmare!

Hey guys, just wondering your opinions, I'm feeling nervous about this whole red alert ISIS thing, so I'm not sure if I'm going to go to my local fireworks. I'm planning to go see the fireworks at GA on the 5th though. How do you guys feel about this whole thing, and do you feel nervous going to Six Flags this 4th of July weekend?

The only thing I'd be nervous about going to the park this weekend is how packed it's probably going to be. You have to go about living your life, can't let every little thing spook you. Besides, even if these ISIS threats were credible, I doubt Great Adventure or your local fireworks show are high on their list of targets.

Edited by gencx

Like gencx said, a local fireworks display would be safe. It's not a big enough statement to hit a local fireworks display. For the same reason Great Adventure would be safe. A statement would have to be a bigger gathering of people.

Edited by scott