VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

August 15/16 trip advice

Password121

To keep this short, I'll be visiting with a first timer on Saturday and Sunday, August 15 and 16. We have in the budget a regular flash pass for Saturday. I've heard the line to purchase a FP can get long. Do regular FP's ever run out at the park, as I'm hesitant to buy early in case of rain? If I do purchase online, do I still need to wait in line at the building even just to pick up q-bots?

Also, are wait times for the regular level *actually* what real wait times are? I know, for example, gold FP's often reduce waits by much more than 50%.

Finally, what can I expect in terms of crowds Saturday given there is a concert? And for the ERT Sunday morning, how long are most waits? What coasters generally run for this?

Thanks everyone!

Def hold out on buying a flash pass until you're in the park. Wouldn't want to get one and find out crowds aren't too bad. That being said yes regular FP is for however long the line is for- 2 hour line, still have to wait 2 hours with FP.

Crowds the 15th will probably be bad, Austin Mahone is pretty popular so the park will probably be filled with teens unless weather turns out to be bad and scares people away.

ERT shouldn't be too bad, not sure what usually runs. They normally don't announce it until the day of or right before the event.

Thanks for the advice. Generally what I do when I can make it before opening (which I plan to do both days) is book it over with SP early entry to Kingda Ka/Zumanjaro for one ride, then ride El Toro in the last row as many times as I can before the line builds up at all. If I do this (and finish around 11:15), am I okay going for the Flash Pass at this point without too great of a possibility of it running out? How long should I expect to wait at this point to buy a Flash Pass?

Thanks!

The only time I have ever heard of Flash Pass completely selling out is during Fright Fest. Platinum may sell out more often since I thought they only have 100 Platinum units but regular Flash Pass shouldn't be a problem to get.

I'm not sure how long the wait will be since I have never used it and never waited in the line but I know they are set up for lines with a few switchbacks behind the building.

I don't think you should have a problem buying a regular flash pass, when I went for my first visit of the 2015 season, I arrived at the park after 3:30 PM, and there were still plenty of flash passes available. I was able to buy one for the remainder of that day. In my honest opinion, I love using the system and use it often, it is one of the best inventions ever. If you have a season pass, they will ask you for it, and they usually ask for the last 4 digits of your pass. If not, you will need to bring any form of photo identification (ex. driver's license). You should consider buying the flash pass early in the day in case if they run out, but other than that, it shouldn't be a problem.