VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What did You Think About Opening Day 2008?

DarkKnight

Wow this has been a long day, but really enjoyable. I won't do a trip report here, but aside from the closures and removals that we have been discussing for months, the day was a lot of fun and it was really nice to be able to explore GA once again. The Park was clean, the employees friendly and eager, and by the end of the day all the non-water rides were up and running- including the Skyride and Parachutes. The Safari was wonderful as usual and both the Dolphin and Tiger shows were entertaining. Luckily, the weatherman really goofed on today's forecast! :)

Here's a composite of two photos taken today from the Big Wheel - our first ride in the morning and our last ride at night.

gallery_2_311_114451.jpg

:fyi-excuses: Please excuse the diversion:

Does Dream Street go all the way through again, or is it still blocaded by the planter in front of the 4 tents?

The planter was removed for the 1999 installation of the Jump ride:

gallery_2_76_49570.jpg

For 2004 Jump was removed and replaced with the God-awful Paint Ball game:

gallery_2_4_253041.jpg

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.......

I thought opening day went wonderfully. The gaffe by the weatherpeople I think worked to the advantage of those patrons who arrived as the lines were just non-existant throughout the entire day. As stated above the dolphin and tiger shows were wonderful, entertaining and educational as well. Every ride we wanted to go on was open and we had no problems with. I think I'll give a more thorough report of my opening day experiences a bit later if there is somewhere specific we should post. But it was definately enjoyable to say the least and it set the season off on the perfect note.