VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

11/6/15

Yoshi

It was a little strange to go to Great Adventure today. Normally it is the offseason by now and going to the park on a weekday in November when it was in the mid 70's out was different.

I got my 2016 pass at the gate and thought I had to go to season pass processing to add parking and the dining pass since the paper said to go to season pass processing with the parking pass voucher except it was already added at the gate. Since I was right next to the ride I went to Green Lantern first with 2 trains running. It was a station wait and the ride was running well today.

There were no attendants at the ride entrances because of the lack of employees and Flash Pass was not in use.

Zumanjaro was next and there was also no attendant at the turnstyles where they direct you to a gondola from the regular line, single rider line and Flash Pass line. It was basically just go to whatever gondola had a few people waiting since it was just a wait for the next cycle. After getting 3 rides I went to use my dining pass for lunch since lunch expires at 3:00. The only food places open were a couple of places in the Boardwalk area, the ones near the fountain and Granny's in Adventure Alley. I waited 25 minutes at the Main St. Deli which I later heard was one of the shorter waits. A lot of people were in line as it was getting close to 3:00 and I'm sure they missed out on being able to use the dining pass for lunch.

Nitro was next running 2 trains with the 3rd train already being taken apart under the station. The B and C train were running and the C train is a little smoother. I rode 5 times waiting around 10 minutes each time.

The Dark Knight was not running the pre-show. I don't mind that it wasn't running after seeing it to so many times. It was a 10 minute wait with the line into the pre-show room. The line moved much faster than normal since I have waited at that point after the pre-show was over and it has been up to 20 minutes.

I went back to Nitro for another ride with a station wait and back to the Golden Kingdom. Kingda Ka's line was at the 30 minute sign and was a 20 minute wait. I went for the 3rd row which wasn't too rough.

Zumanjaro was still a walk on and they were offering re-rides if no one was waiting for the gondola you were riding in. I got 4 rides and went to Superman that was also a walk on with 2 trains running.

The lines at the food places for dinner were much shorter than at lunch.

I didn't get a chance to ride El Toro because I had heard that it was running 1 train with multiple breakdowns and had an hour wait most of the day. I was going to try to get there right before closing but ran out of time.

It was nice to get an extra trip in before Holiday In The Park starts and I'm really looking forward to another 2 months of coaster riding before the offseason really begins.

IMG_7850_zpstfl1hzjh.jpg

IMG_7851_zpsevr4knsr.jpg

IMG_7852_zpsymfx1i19.jpg

IMG_7854_zpsahxlqvrc.jpg

IMG_7855_zpsyr62dxo0.jpg

IMG_7857_zpsxkyibmqe.jpg

IMG_7858_zps0zhzs4to.jpg

IMG_7859_zpsn687lvcv.jpg

IMG_7860_zpsypuzp7eg.jpg

It was strange walking past the closed game booths and closed restaurants.

IMG_7864_zpsxuz5y3qp.jpg

El Toro actually ran two trains for a lot of the day. I was in the station when they added the second one at about 12:30. Right after that, it broke down and they had to put one train right before the lift hill, and roll back the other one to the brakes before the station. Then a guy got on the tracks and sprayed it with something. I'm not sure what he did. It was like a spray paint can or something. Does anyone know what that could of been? I rode it later that night when the line was really short and ended up getting stuck at the top for about five minutes in the back row. The ops climbed the stairs and told us that the other train overshot the sensors in the station which caused the entire ride to shut down. We didn't have to evacuate and the ride started again. It was fun because it was my last ride of the night and my last ride on el toro of the season.

That sounds like a cool final ride on El Toro for the season. I didn't realize it was running 2 trains or else I would have tried to get there earlier in the day and not planned to try to get to the coaster at the end of the night.

I tried to get on El Toro early in the day when it broke down and didn't try again until late in the day as it got long lines even with both trains. El Toro seems to break down quite a bit anymore. Did you see the argument with the lady and her fanny pack at ET?

Was it a fight that involved security? Did the lady got kicked out of the park?

I don't know if she was kicked out, but right after the exit stairway she and her group were arguing with a group of security guards.

I don't know if she was kicked out, but right after the exit stairway she and her group were arguing with a group of security guards.

If there ws physical attacking like punching someone, then yeah they would get kicked out.