VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Coney Island 4/5/08

rcji

I took a short trip to Coney Island on Saturday. This was my first trip of the season. It was probably one of the better trips to Coney Island I've been to. Not too crowded. First went to the Cyclone to ride it ($6 a person). Everything in the station looks like it was painted. I heard about the new padding and was expecting it to be a little different. I got in with my brother and when they put the bar down I felt like I was on El Toro being stapled in. Overall it wasn't so bad, great ride as always. After we got out they offered us two people for $5 to ride again so we couldn't pass that up (normally $4 a person to re-ride). The second ride was just as good. 10/10 for both. After the Cyclone we hit Nathans and ate. Great food as always! After that we walked around the beach and by the Parachute Jump right under it. Overall Great day! The two photos are from my cell phone.

0405081813zh2.jpg

0405081813afl9.jpg

scan0002he6.jpg

^I love the again. lol, that made me giggle!

Nice to hear that they're using the 2nd train (not as bad as the first). And no matter what, Cyclone will always be my favorite!

-Dainan "I'm biased" Rafferty