VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

PTR: April 24, 2016 (Park and Safari)

nbadude44

Let me preface this by saying that I took a LOT of photos. Almost 90 to be exact. So instead of posting them all here, I'll just provide a link to the album on imgur at the end of my trip report.

My mother and I got to the park the earliest we ever have, a little after 9AM when the gates to the park weren't even open yet. When we did enter the park about an hour later, there were already two major improvements from last season: they changed the season pass processing so that people can get their cards as soon right after they through the gates, which was awesome, AND they didn't rope off the sections of the park before 10:30 and let guests walk up to the rides they want to, which for me was Kingda Ka. My mother and I only waited no more than 20 minutes to get a ride on Ka (three trains running), then we immediately went over to El Toro. Toro had 2 trains running and was basically a walk on, so we got to ride twice in a row! Then we head over to El DIablo, which my mother never got to ride last season, and we were able to ride it twice in a row since there was barely a line at all. Zumanjaro was closed early in the day, so we couldn't get around to that (yet).

We ate lunch at Mama Flora's next to the Big Wheel, but I immediately regretted doing so because that weekend was Food Truck Weekend. I originally thought it would just be one or two of them, but it turned out to be many more, each with their own unique foodstuffs. All of the trucks were also placed near where Old Country used to be and speaking from experience, that area hasn't been that lively in literally YEARS (aside from Fright Fest)! Let's hope there will be more new things placed in that area in the future!

Anyway, we also went on the Big Wheel, the Dark Knight and Batman while we were in the area, each with waiting times no longer than 20-25 minutes. We also went on Swashbuckler and I went on the newly named Harley Quinn's Crazy Train by myself (which still has the Blackbeard sign). While there, I noticed the new drink stations like the Skybar, and since we both love the Coke Freestyle machines, we went by there more than once. I just hope that in the future, they will have more Freestyle machines in other areas of the park, not just near the Big Wheel.

After that, we went on the Safari and I took a TON of photos during that, including some of the new lion, tiger and bear cubs that were born only months ago. After that I went on Bizarro twice in a row then we took the Skyride back to the other side of the park. My mother was done for the day, but I went on Green Lantern than Zumanjaro three times in a row! I actually got on line right as Zumanjaro was testing, so I was able to ride with almost no one else. Actually, the 2nd time I was all by myself! Definatley the perfect way to end the day!

Ridelist: Zumanjaro 3x

El Toro 2x

Bizarro 2x

El Diablo 2x

Safari 1x

Batman 1x

Kingda Ka 1x

Dark Knight 1x

Blackbeard/Harley Quinn 1x

Swashbuckler 1x

Skyride 1x

Big Wheel 1x

Final Rating: 6 out of 6 Flags! Perfect weather, perfect amount of crowds, perfect amount of improvements from last year, just perfect!

Here's the link to the pictures: http://imgur.com/a/auJSo

here a few preview pictures:

rYIW556.jpg

FbHwwCW.jpg

Z4cmTw6.jpg

RhiutkZ.jpg

aeaGi0u.jpg

nLItSrR.jpg

u15KeER.jpg

Thanks for reading!!!

• Like 1

^Great report! I arrived around 2:00 or somewhere around. Crowds were a little high for pre-Memorial Day. I had a 4.5 flag day though. I was also going to take a few pictures of the renumbered Skyway cars, but I didn't have a good opportunity to shoot.

Great Report and pictures, Glad you had a nice day!

Are the snakes at the camp adventura area? It was closed when I did the safari, I need to do it again

Yup all Snakes and reptiles are in the building, definitely take it again and check them out! Also recommend feeding giraffes.

Great report and nice pics! I was in the park that day too, since it was my third visit this month already I went at a more relaxed pace though. I tried some of the food trucks, the waffle truck was my favorite!

Edited by RC98