VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Photo TR: April 13th, 2008

29yrswithaGApass

Here are some photos from a quick walk-thru this afternoon. Additional photos can be found in the the galleries.

More Flags, More Fun! New flags atop the Safari gates.

gallery_2_4_151507.jpg

New souvenirs arrive at the Safari Exploration Station. Here are cases of about 25 new and different Great Adventure Safari postcards!

gallery_2_4_202862.jpg

The Castle Arcade will soon be home to an indoor black-light miniature golf course!

gallery_2_4_80576.jpg

Cabana prices have been posted.

gallery_2_4_370739.jpg

Chutes 7 and 8 have now been installed once again.

gallery_2_4_90926.jpg

Gone are Chiller and Autobahn. Even some arrows have changed.

gallery_2_4_484456.jpg

Great photos Harry!

I like your photos taken on the Big Wheel, especially the night photos. Indoor minature golf sounds tempting. Maybe next year.

SFGAm's Condor or a topple tower would look so good in Teepee's spot... besides a Teepee.

Thanks Dan.

The Teepee spot is just the right size for the footprint of a toople tower. It's not the most thrilling ride but would fit the theme.

IMG_9199.jpg

Nice photos! I also went Sunday and took a bunch of photos from the ferris wheel (but it was during the day) and everywhere else. They are a little similar to yours so I won't double post them.

Edited by rcji

Big Wheel is definitely the best spot for photos since you normally get to stop up top for quite a while during load and unload times. Haven't quite got the skyride shoots down yet, but will attempt to do so this summer. It is too bas the Wheel shuts down for Fright Fest because those pictures are really like nothing else during the season with all the decorations.

^ Keep us in mind for next time!

It is the best time for pictures from the Big Wheel and Skyride - before the trees bloom. The fall use to be good too but now Dead Man's Party shuts the wheel down.

I definitely will next time. I've taken shots from the Big Wheel and Skyride and I think the photos from the Big Wheel are little better just because you can go higher. Skyride is nice because you move foward rather moving up and down on the Big Wheel.