VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Knoebels Sunday 5/29/16

Mrpq

So while on a family trip in the Poconos we decided to take a day trip over to Knoebels. Haven't been there a few years so I was pretty excited. Weather held out it actually wasn't too hot out either. I love the fact the park is free admission, big plus for my parents since they don't ride the rides, hate when they have to pay admission just to walk around and also love that dogs are allowed!! That's a big plus for if I ever go back with the future wife since she/we hate leaving the pup home. Park wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be, got there just as the park opened and left around 3:30.

-Phoenix was first on our hit list. Waited maybe 15 mins, one train operation I love this coaster and everything about it.

-Fly Turns was next, When we first got to the park I wanted to go on this first but they where still testing it and the line wrapped around the whole ride, so we went to Phoenix and than back to this. Still waited about 45 mins with running 3 trains. This was my first time on this and I thought it was really fun. Just a shame it couldn't be a little longer.

-Twister. Walk on, one train operation. Fun, but pretty rough. You can see a lot of re tracking was done recently and there seemed to be doing work on the metal support that ties all the metal cable to the top of the last lifts turn around. Also you can see new concrete footers placed around the metal support.

-Impulse. waited for this about 45 mins, two train operation. It was OK. Supper quite ride, but surprisingly rough.

-Haunted Mansion. About 30-45 min. Very fun. A lot of things actually took me buy surprise.

-Black Diamond. We had no ide what this ride was about and it turned out to be awesome. Very fun.

-Cosmotron. 1 ride wait, fun very cool twist on a music express.

-Flyer- walk on, fun classic

-StratosFear- One ride wait. My brother is more a fan of drop rides than I am and I almost didn't go but decided to give it ago since it didn't look that high. Got to the top, WAY higher than it seems from the ground. Felt like I was falling for ever lol.

Pioneer Train- 0ne train wait. fun relaxing ride, I liked how it went under Twister. Also surprised a guy came off with his dog on the train before us.

All and all it was fun day, didn't stay too long. Between my brother and myself we spent a total of 60 on ride tickets which is almost nothing when you think of paying admission to other parks per person. I deff would like to get back soon, maybe camp and check out the water rides

Nice report, it is kind of surprising they would only run 1 train on Phoenix and Twister on a holiday weekend when they aren't selling the pay one price hand stamps.

Nice Trip report. You should try and camp there. Every time we go there, we always camp out. Keeps you at the park till 10pm and the next morning you can even walk around the park when it is closed and get breakfast there... inexpensive and good.

Nice report, it is kind of surprising they would only run 1 train on Phoenix and Twister on a holiday weekend when they aren't selling the pay one price hand stamps.

They may have added the second trains later in the day. I cant say for sure since I never went back to them after the times I road. The one train waits weren't terrible at all and I doubt it got much busier later in the day

Nice Trip report. You should try and camp there. Every time we go there, we always camp out. Keeps you at the park till 10pm and the next morning you can even walk around the park when it is closed and get breakfast there... inexpensive and good.

I am going to def look into it. my fiancé was interested in it also. Since you have camped there you would be able to answer this... How are the grounds? Power/water? showers? I have only camped once at a KOA and I liked it, shes the bigger camper between the two of us lol

We go tent camping there. They have some sites with platforms available that you can put your tent on (which is nice). There is running water, power and showers which suited us just fine along with a camp store and pool (but we never used). Prices are very fair for being next to the park. It's also nice at nice walking around because some people decorate their sites.

It's nice that you enter the park from either side. And its nice when you can stay at the park till 10pm, then walk a short distance and you're back at the site instead of trying to get out of a jammed parking lot and drive home. Makes you stay there till it closes.