VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags America Trip Report 6/25/16

Viper26

I visited Six Flags America for the first time on 6/25. I spent the afternoon the water park and rode only about half the roller coasters afterward. If it weren't for the water park, I'd be able to do every coaster and several other flat rides. The biggest disadvantage was that Superman Ride of Steel closed early at around 7:30 so I wasn't able to ride it. :mad: Operations for most rides were very slow, despite running two trains on most coasters. Which could be why operations were slow during Fall Bonus Weekend back in November as employees from Six Flags America were asked to work at Six Flags Great Adventure for that weekend. Every ride I did was done once.

The first slide I did at Hurricane Harbor was Shark Attack Hammerhead (orange/black) tube slide which had only a five minute wait followed by the Tornado which had a 10 minute wait. The Tornado slide at Six Flags America was also the first Tornado slide I've ever ridden. I have to criticize the fact that you have to carry the heavy raft up the flights of stairs and that it is better to just have a lift carry them instead. The next slide I did was the Paradise Plunge/Reef Runner in which I did the blue slide.

After that I did the Halfpipe. The landing was pretty rough and rather uncomfortable. The last slide I did was slide 3 of the Bonzai Pipelines. I banged my head three times on the slide and I don't even know how it happened. Ironically, Bonzai Pipelines is next to the Mind Eraser.

I left the water park after that and rode Apocalypse as my first coaster. It had a 15 minute wait, but I got on in half that time. The fire wasn't running when I first saw the ride, but they turned the fire on on my ride. Compared to the Georgia Scorcher (which I never rode before), I prefer Apocalypse because it has much better theming.

The next ride I did was the Batwing and they were running one train with a station wait. While waiting, I found out Superman Ride of Steel had about an hour wait mainly due to the Virtual Reality. I decided to wait later to get in line. Anyway, Batwing wasn't that bad of a flying coaster, and I would prefer Batwing over Superman Ultimate Flight. Next I did was The Joker's Jinx. While waiting, some girl said that the ride uses vacuum cleaners to launch the ride. That's not true as it uses LIMs.

I ate dinner after The Joker's Jinx and after dinner, we tried Superman Ride of Steel and found that they closed early. BOO!! Instead I tried the Wild One which had a 10 minute wait. While in line, a mom accused another mom for cutting and started arguing about the situation. The employees did nothing about it and there was no fighting involved. There were also a lot of people video taping the ride as well as people getting their phones at the end of the ride. The air time was really good on the ride, and it was better that my lap bar wasn't secured all the way down and the seat belt was loose. The Wild One in my opinion is the second best coaster in the park.

The park closed for the night after the Wild One, but I was able to ride the Voodoo Drop which had a two cycle wait. Operations on the ride were much better than all of the other rides. I found the Voodoo Drop more forceful than Zumanjaro Drop of Doom, but I prefer Zumanjaro over Voodoo Drop. I had an okay day at the park only giving this day a three flags day. I'll definitely come back to Six Flags America to ride Superman, Roar (if they don't plan on giving RMC treatment), and other flat rides. One of my plans is to go to Six Flags New England later this summer, so I'll end up going there before visiting Six Flags America again.

Edited by Viper26

Operations at SFA, tend to be poorer than GADV. Last time I tried to go to their HH, it never opened that day despite being listed as open. Did you see the old farm house by Wild One?

I didn't see a farm house or knew about one. And yes operations were poor. Superman has an excuse for having a God awful VR. Lines could've been walk on waits with two trains if they trained their employees better.

I didn't see a farm house or knew about one. And yes operations were poor. Superman has an excuse for having a God awful VR. Lines could've been walk on waits with two trains if they trained their employees better.

SFA has an interesting history, it used to be a farm and their is a grave near the old farm house. Last time I was there the house was pretty overgrown and had blue tarps covering the roof. In one of the back employee areas there they used to store the parts of Ultra Twister, not sure if it is still there?

Edited by The Master

I believe SFA scrapped Ultra Twister when they received it in 2005 instead of building it because it wasn't in very good condition, so I don't think the parts would be stored today.