VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

7/31 and 8/3/16

Viper26

On Sunday, I went to Six Flags Great Adventure. With the chance of thunderstorms, the crowds were low the whole time. The first ride I did was Skull Mountain in the back row. The first drop was more forceful than the last time I was in the back row probably feeling at least 4 gs. Then I went over to Batman the Ride and did it twice wit ha walk on wait. I didn't black out this time and in order for me to black out, I have to sit in the middle or back. I tried the middle rows and didn't black out at all possibly because the sun wasn't even out.

After that, I went to Nitro with the queue being down to the stairs. I waited for row 6 train A because no one was waiting there. The ride wasn't very rough compared to other times I ridden it. Rode the Buccaneer next (very unnecessary). I went over to the Joker which had a short wait around 10 minutes. I rode the green side and only flipped twice. Across from my seat was this lady who started screaming before the ride even started. The employee checking our restraints tried to calm her down but it didn't really work out.

I went over to El Toro but it was closed due to weather. I ended up at the SeaFari theater seeing an animal Olympics show. It wasn't a very interesting show for me. I left after eating dinner seeing most of Dream Street being flooded significantly.

Then on Wednesday I came back in the evening. This was the closest trip to a trip where I only rode all of the B&Ms.

First I rode Superman Ultimate Flight with a half hour wait (not really worth it). It was running rougher than normal as the pretzel loop was really rough at the bottom. Compared to Batwing Coaster at Six Flags Amerca, Batwing is better but Superman Ultimate Flight at both Six Flags Great Adventure and Great America are better than both Nighthawk and Firehawk with the Over Georgia version being better than its clones and Batwing.

Then I rode Bizarro and Green Lantern on row 6 and row 2 respectively. The former had a 20 minute wait (That's two rides in a row that isn't even worth waiting in a line that long) while Green Lantern had a station wait. I ended the night with my first night ride on Nitro with a bottom of staire wait. Sadly I rode on row seven but it was running as good as Sunday.

"But I rode row six last time."

"Great, now go to row 7!"

Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to ride Batman because I had to go home so once again, I failed to ride all five B&Ms at Six Flags Great Adventure in one visit. Currently I have plans to go to Six Flags New England and America later this month.

Nice report. Interesting take on the flyer rankings. I tend to prefer Vekomas over B&Ms, but what about the Cedar Fair ones makes them so bad in your eyes? And what about the SFoG S:UF makes it so good?

The first ride I did was Skull Mountain in the back row. The first drop was more forceful than the last time I was in the back row probably feeling at least 4 gs.

And you might want to crack open that Physics 101 textbook for a quick review...

I never rode the Cedar Fair or the other Superman clones but the Nighthawk and Firehawk don't really have theming with the former being rough. SFOGs version is the best of the Superman clones because of its use of terrain.