VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Cedar Point 8-13-16

nbadude44

I went to Cedar Point on Saturday and it ended being a mediocre day at the park for me personally. There were periods of rain, even heavy downpour, so I wasn't able to ride too many coasters, but I still rode plenty. I went with my mother plus 4 family members who all came to the park after I did. I first rode Rougarou and Millennium Force on my own then joined up with the group and we all rode Rougarou together. After that, they went off to ride Blue Streak while I waited to register for the Iron Dragon VR for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, my mother entered the park later on because she was tired from driving 1 1/2 hours to the park, so I met up with her, then grouped up with everyone else.

We got on line for Gatekeeper and waited a good 15 minutes before the first batch of rain came in. We all decided to eat lunch at Chickie and Pete's near Raptor & Blue Streak. Once the rain let up, I convinced everyone to ride Raptor, which was about a 5 minute wait. Keep in mind that we all had the regular Fast Lane wristbands, so we didn't have to wait very long for everything we rode. After Raptor, we tried Gatekeeper again. My mother and I successfully rode it, but just as everyone else was about to get on, the worst period of the Saturdays rain began. My mother and I were really lucky because it was my favorite "new" coaster of the day (I already rode Millennium Force 5 years ago.) We took shelter in the GateKeeper gidt shop then decided to temporarily leave the park.

We grouped up at a local Dunkin Donuts and everyone except for my mother and I decided to call it quits and go home. My mother and I re-entered the park around 5:30 when the rain lightened up a bit. I ended up riding Mean Streak so that I could get the credit before it closes forever next month. The coaster itself was not very good, but the fact that I rode it before its closure was great. I then walked around and waited for Gemini to open, only to be hot with rain again. I ended up riding Wilderness Run just to get another credit. Meanwhile, my mother rode Wicked Twister then gave up. Unfortunately, I didn't ride the VR Iron Dragon due to the rain, but I still have the yellow information guide as a souvenir.

Overall, I'm fortunate that I rode 5 new coasters, but just like my last trip to CP five years ago, Mother Nature worked against me. 5 out of 10.

Ridelist: Rougarou 2x

Millenium Force 1x

Gatekeeper 1x

Raptor 1x

Mean Streak 1x

Wilderness Run 1x

VR Iron Dragon 0x :(

I'll post my pictures momentarily...

Edited by nbadude44
  • Like 1