VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

1st visit to Hershey Park

scott

I am finally going to get to go to Hershey Park. I have day passes for my family and we are figuring out when to go between now during the week or a weekend in September.

One thing my wife asked that I am hoping one of you can answer, can you bring food into the park like you can in Disney?

Any advice about getting the most out of one day is also appreciated.

You cannot bring food into the park.

If you are trying to get all the coasters in, if you get there at opening I would go right to the back of the park and ride Fahrenheit and Laff Trakk first as those have the longest lines. I would then ride Lightning Racer, Wild Mouse, Wildcat and then leave Midway America and go to Storm Runner, Sidewinder, Trailblazer and then Great Bear. I would ride Comet, sooperdooperlooper and Skyrush later in the day as most people go to that section of the park first and lines are shorter later in the day.

If you are planning to go to the water park (only applies if you go before Labor Day), I would either get there early or the last couple hours it is open. There are not enough slides and attractions to handle the crowds it gets and even on a slower day, the slides can be 30+ minutes, even the wave pool can get a line compared to to other water parks where you just walk in.

The monorail is a good ride for a break in the middle of the day when you want to sit down for a few minutes and it takes you on a tour of the park. If you like dark rides Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge isn't the best one around but is still fun and competitive with each car trying to get a better combined score than the car in front of or in back of it.

Coal Cracker is also a fun flume ride, it is similar to the Hydro Flume that was at Great Adventure with the bump at the bottom of the drop that gives you some air time.

Zoo America is also nice for a break from the rides and is included with the park admission as long as you enter it from the park bridge in Kissing Tower Hill and not from the separate Zoo America entrance.

According to their website, yes it should include the preview plan.

http://www.hersheypark.com/tickets/admission-tickets.php

Save your parking receipt from the night and you should be able to show the parking attendant the receipt the next day when you use the ticket for the full day and shouldn't have to pay for parking again.

Yes. If you do the preview night you only need to pay for parking once as Yoshi said. I made that mistake once because I bought an extra parking pass from my job - but I sold it to another car before we got in.

Download the Hershey park app if you have a smart phone. It has all the wait times on it. I went last year and it helped a lot to maximize our time.