VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Great Adventure 8/21 and Six Flags America 8/27

Viper26

Sorry for late posting this, but on 8/21, I went to Six Flags Great Adventure because I knew that crowds wouldn't visit with thunderstorms rolling in the evening. A big contrast to the heavy crowds the day before with the Undivided Concert. I arrived at 11:30 and left at 6:30 when it started raining hard.

I started off with Green Lantern which had a station wait, followed by Batman which had a 15 minute wait. Then I ride Nitro with a line at the bottom of the stairs, which operations were slower today.

Next, I headed over to El Toro which had a station wait. I rode in car 5. I did Tango next which is the scariest ride in the park, more scarier than Kingda Ka. Nah just kidding, Tango was boring. Bizarro was next with a 10 minute wait so I waited for the front row. The kid that boarded the train after me has been to Kings Dominion before because of his shirt and if it is his home park and he had to pick between Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion next year, then he should choose Busch Gardens because of InvadR.

The last ride was going to be a credit on Harley Quinn Crazy Train but it was down. The operators allowed me to get in line but I didn't last long because nothing was really happening there. It was kind of interesting to see a kiddie coaster down after seeing the major coasters (especially Kingda Ka) break down. It started to rain hard and would be that way the rest of the time the park was open so I left the park.

Then on 8/27 I went to Six Flags America again after a dull experience. I arrived around 1 and the park was pretty much dead for most of the trip even though they were using the overflow lot (which they use a lot). I started out eating at the Heritage House on Main Street which is Six Flags' version of Carowinds' Harmony Hall. Food service at every restaurant is awfully slow and you pretty much have to tell the employees what you ordered more than once. I had the pizza slice combo which I'm not a big fan of because I can't even finish the one slice they give you. I get beyond full eating it.

The first ride I did was the French Quarter Flyers, my first flying scooters ride. I was able to get the seat to fly rather high close to snapping but I didn't go any higher just in case they don't allow snapping. Next I did the Zydeco Zinger which is not as good as other flying carpet rides, but it's actually pretty forceful.

I did The Wild One afterward which had no wait at all for the front row. This is a really underrated coaster with good airtime and the helix being very forceful. Then I rode Superman Ride of Steel without the Virtual Reality because it wasn't available yet. While there was a five train wait for the front, operations were lousy with four to five minute dispatches. I didn't get to ride Superman with the VR today.

Roar was next with no wait too. Like the Wild One, they were running two trains but there was constant stacking. This is easily the worst of the GCIs currently operating and it really needs an RMC hybrid. I rode it in the front row and third row. Next I did the Mind Eraser which is my first Vekoma SLC. Like all other SLCs, it was a painful ride experience because of the uneven track but it isn't the worst coaster around. In my opinion, the Zamperla Volares and knock off SLCs are much worse than the traditional SLCs.

After riding two bad rides, I rode the Renegade Rapids and the Coyote Creek Bumper Cars. The Joker's Jinx was next with a ten minute wait. I rode in the front like all of the other coasters in this trip. Slow one train operations were the norm of this ride and many others. Lastly, I rode the Ragin Cajun, the second Zamperla spinning coaster I rode. There was a ten minute wait with mist sprays soaking myself the whole time in line. The spinning was very wild and much better than the Primeval Whirl which I haven't ridden since 2013. I ate dinner and left the park afterward. Overall, it was a great day to visit Six Flags America and I should've done Apocalypse before leaving because it had a station wait.