VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

One Month Until Holiday in the Park 2016! What's on your HITP wishlist?

29yrswithaGApass

Pretty much everything for Holiday in the Park is outsourced to another company, Oak Island Creative. (All the lights and decorations, the shows, the themes, etc.) I'm sure they work with the park to know what rides can realistically open, and how many resources (employees) SF will provide, to help plan how many sections should be open.

My guess is that SF contracts them out for a certain amount of money, then OIC spends the money how they see fit.

So does that mean the lights are leased year round? it seems that the lights around the trees/building/ride plazas are there year round

All the lights were taken down after Holiday in the Park. The lights on the trees and Santa's Workshop were completely removed. The wires and large light sockets remained on many of the buildings, but the bulbs were taken out.

They started putting the lights back on the trees and bulbs in place around August. (They have to go under all the fright fest decorations and spider webs!)

AH ok that makes sense. i didnt make it there during the summer this year but when I saw santas workshop up i thought it was a little weird if they left it up all year round lol.

So to your point of them renting stuff I would assume they rent the wires too witch would need to be rent year round?

AH ok that makes sense. i didnt make it there during the summer this year but when I saw santas workshop up i thought it was a little weird if they left it up all year round lol.

So to your point of them renting stuff I would assume they rent the wires too witch would need to be rent year round?

I have no clue, about anything really so take this as an uneducated guess but maybe it was a multi year deal so the wires were left up. To leave the bulbs in could be a problem as the sun would bleach the color on a lot of them during the summer.