VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

One Month Until Holiday in the Park 2016! What's on your HITP wishlist?

29yrswithaGApass

It is hard to believe but we are just one month away from Holiday in the Park at Great Adventure! It will be tough to top last year, but what would you like to see this year?

My wish would be a bigger tree in the Safari Kids area. Compared to the other sections, this one seemed a little Charlie Brownish!

2015_11_21_IMG_3804%20copy.jpg

I would like to see the Skyway being open and have it be a round trip ride. It would be cool to travel over Adventure Alley and Fantasy Forest with all the lights covering the area.

• Like 2

I can't remember -- was Big Wheel open last year? I hope that it is, along with a round-trip Skyride for the arial views.

More decorations in Boardwalk would be nice, and stronger use of the themed scents in each area -- I heard so much about them last year but couldn't sniff out any when I visited.

Overall, these are all all small notes, though; it was a really great event last year so mainly I hope they maintain the level of showmanship and quality.

I'll keep it simple. Add a lid for hot chocolate cups. Ruined my 4th favorite hoodie last year.

We lucked out with the cups. My wife found that the lids he had on the cups we got from Disney's Pop Century a bunch of years ago fit that cup perfectly.

She also found that she likes getting a coffee in the paper cup at the cafe and slipping it into the hot chocolate cup. Its probably in my head but I think it seals pretty well in there and the air between the cups help insulate it and keep it warm a little longer.

As for Holiday in the Park? I think some more costumed characters would be fun. Maybe a court for the princesses or queens.

Tone down the scents in some of the areas, they're a bit strong and don't smell fantastic.

I'd like to see more entertainment, that's kind of my #1 request.

I'd also like to see lights on Nitro's lift, I think that could be pretty cool. And since I'm on the topic of ride theming, maybe add some Christmas theming to some of the rides like Dark Knight and Skull Mountain.

Off-Topic, but why doesn't Six Flags ever retheme rides for their different seasons? Dark Knight could be re themed just by switching the pre-show video, putting some santa hats on the characters, and switching the music.

I think someone mentioned last year that Six Flags can't add things like hats to the characters in the ride without permission from DC.

Tone down the scents in some of the areas, they're a bit strong and don't smell fantastic.

I'd like to see more entertainment, that's kind of my #1 request.

I'd also like to see lights on Nitro's lift, I think that could be pretty cool. And since I'm on the topic of ride theming, maybe add some Christmas theming to some of the rides like Dark Knight and Skull Mountain.

Off-Topic, but why doesn't Six Flags ever retheme rides for their different seasons? Dark Knight could be re themed just by switching the pre-show video, putting some santa hats on the characters, and switching the music.

If I had one wish that could come true for Holiday in the Park it would be that the park would open Plaza Del Carnival as a new section called "Feliz Navidad" and it would include a ton of lights and a bunch of the Christmas Spanish traditions including different foods, cool dances, etc. The area would also look nice and lit up with Diablo's lit light package. Although, this is highly unlikely and even if it were to happen Toro would not be open due to the risk of it valleying in cold and breezy weather

• Like 1

If I had one wish that could come true for Holiday in the Park it would be that the park would open Plaza Del Carnival as a new section called "Feliz Navidad" and it would include a ton of lights and a bunch of the Christmas Spanish traditions including different foods, cool dances, etc. The area would also look nice and lit up with Diablo's lit light package. Although, this is highly unlikely and even if it were to happen Toro would not be open due to the risk of it valleying in cold and breezy weather

Thats a good idea, but if Toro's not open whats the point. But I do remember having nothing to do last HITP, so this could be a plus.

I really had no issue with the event last year so its hard for me to put something on a wish list lol. I did how ever find it cool that the lights on all the coaster lift his are on at night even though those coasters where closed

Doesn't park need more entertainment in general?

Plymouth Arena- Mike and Ike concert series

Animal show in Golden Kingdom

Looney Tunes Show is in Sea Port, I think

Batman- Dead Man's Party [FF Only]

then the one across from where Chiller was is Vacant

Isn't there a gazebo too or was that torn down at some point?

Great Advent wish: Take care of Justice League, please

For those of you in the know, how does this work? Does SF give a budget and the park decides how elaborate to make HITP? Is it more or less a joint decision process? Can the park unilaterally open more sections and add holiday flare as they see fit?

For those of you in the know, how does this work? Does SF give a budget and the park decides how elaborate to make HITP? Is it more or less a joint decision process? Can the park unilaterally open more sections and add holiday flare as they see fit?

Pretty much everything for Holiday in the Park is outsourced to another company, Oak Island Creative. (All the lights and decorations, the shows, the themes, etc.) I'm sure they work with the park to know what rides can realistically open, and how many resources (employees) SF will provide, to help plan how many sections should be open.

My guess is that SF contracts them out for a certain amount of money, then OIC spends the money how they see fit.

Edited by Matt Kaiser