VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

11/25/16

Viper26

This is my first trip to Holiday in the Park this season. Based on the fact that it was Black Friday and it rained in the evening, the park was not as crowded as last weekend. We didn't arrive until 3 so I didn't get lunch. I started off at Nitro where there was no wait but for the front row which was an extra five minutes. I waited for the front because I haven't done it since January 1st. I rode two more times in rows 8 and 3. The third time I rode Nitro today was my 30th ride on Nitro total.

Usually I don't talk about food, but I had an ice cream cup for snack and ate it outside in 50 degree weather. Any day is a day for me to eat ice cream. Then I went to Houdini's Great Escape for the first time this season with a one cycle wait. The reasons I don't ride Houdini much is because the operations there are slow because of a boring pre-show I don't like. The ride itself can be fun depending on the people's reactions but the people our ride had had little reaction and probably rode it before.

Superman was down, but that's not a big deal, so I did Green Lantern next which had a 15 minute wait and one train operations because of winter maintenance. While in line, some was talking about the old roller coasters and the history of this park in general. Maybe she read the spotlights on this site who knows. But yeah there were a decent amount of coaster and park enthusiasts I found at the park (I'm one of them but I hardly show it though). I rode in row 2 because 1. I have zero tolerance for the middle rows on this ride, and 2. The front had a line. It was a solid experience with the ride seeming to run faster than normal especially the second half. I guess the mid course break run has something to do with that.

At this point I had dinner. I was going to eat at Granny's but the line was long; I had Johnny Rockets instead (again) which had a short line. Afterward, I rode Nitro five more times in rows 1, 6, 7, 3, and 5 in that order all on train C surprisingly. I only walked around once. Like Green Lantern the ride seemed to run faster than normal and at one of the floater hills, I probably had ejector air time instead of floater. The last ride I did was a double ride on Skull Mountain. Both times were on car 4 because my mom was riding and she doesn't like the back row. Since we were on car 4 we should've only rode it once. We left after that; it was 7:45. I had a good time but I didn't get to see the construction site of Justice League: Battle for Metropolis or do the round trip Skyride. I'll get to that in another trip.

^ I found that out the hard way, I tried to get my meal between 3 and 4 pm on Friday. I had to cancel my order and go back 20 minutes later, guess I know for next time.

Also I love this line of your report:

I had an ice cream cup for snack and ate it outside in 50 degree weather. Any day is a day for me to eat ice cream.

Couldn't agree more lol

As far as Green Lantern goes, you find it smoother at the front of the train? I myself have had just about enough of the head banging on this ride

Yes I do find it smoother towards the front (rows 1,2, and maybe 3) but there are some headbanging involved. Rows 4-7 are rather rough. Before this trip, the last time I rode Green Lantern was in row 4 and not only I had a slight headache that bothered me, but out of all the times my feet were numbed on it, they were numbed the most.

Also I love this line of your report:

Couldn't agree more lol

I'm ready to eat ice cream at the park in 30 degree weather!