VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Breaks Kissing Under the Mistletoe Record

29yrswithaGApass

Calling All Couples!

Six Flags Will Attempt to Break the Guinness World Records®

Title for Most Couples Kissing Under the Mistletoe at Holiday in the Park®

Jackson, NJ — November 21, 2016 — Love is in the air as Six Flags will attempt to break the Guinness World Records® title for most couples kissing under the mistletoe. This national event across seven Six Flags theme parks will take place December 10 at 5 p.m. E.T. Guests can participate locally at Six Flags Great Adventure’s second-annual Holiday in the Park®, which is currently running weekends and select days through Jan. 2, 2017.

The ice-blue trees of Polar Point will provide a “cool” background as couples make history while locking lips under their own live sprig of mistletoe. Registration is free with park admission, Season Pass or Membership. Couples age 18 and older are encouraged to register at the Big Wheel beginning at 3:30 p.m. After receiving their free mistletoe, the historic countdown will take place at 5 p.m. Couples must hold their kiss on the lips for 10 seconds to qualify for the record.

Guests at Six Flags Great Adventure will pucker up at the very same time couples in three different time zones lean in for that magical moment at Six Flags Over Georgia near Atlanta, Six Flags Over Texas near Dallas, Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio, Six Flags St. Louis, Six Flags Magic Mountain near Los Angeles and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom near San Francisco.

Six Flags Great Adventure magically transforms into a winter wonderland for Holiday in the Park weekends and select days through Jan. 2, 2017. More than a million glittering lights, dazzling holiday entertainment, delicious seasonal treats, Santa’s village and many popular rides provide a way for guests to create holiday memories at Six Flags Great Adventure this winter. This year’s event features two newly-themed sections, new shows, shops, additional rides and a variety of new dining options. The event is included with all Season Passes and active Memberships.

More information about Holiday in the Park is available at www.sixflags.com/greatadventure.

gallery_2_35_1067160.jpg

gallery_2_35_338023.jpg

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Six Flags to attempt world record for most people kissing under the mistletoe

By Rob Spahr | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

on December 08, 2016 at 10:32 AM, updated December 08, 2016 at 10:46 AM

21671500-mmmain.jpg

Guests at Six Flags Great Adventure will attempt break the Guinness World Record for the most people

kissing under the mistletoe on Dec. 10, 2016. (Courtesy of Six Flags Great Adventure)

JACKSON - Get your lip balm ready.

On Saturday, guests at seven Six Flags theme parks - including Six Flags Great Adventure - will attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the most people kissing under the mistletoe.

After receiving their own free mistletoe, participants who register for the event, which is free with park admission, will have to kiss on the lips for at least 10 seconds for the attempt to qualify for the record.

At the exact same moment, which is 5:15 p.m. EST on Saturday, couples at Six Flags theme parks in three different time zones - including parks in Georgia, Missouri, Texas and California - will also be locking lips as part of the nationwide world-record attempt.

According to Six Flags Great Adventure officials, the current Guinness World Records title for most people kissing under the mistletoe is 402 people, which is 201 couples.

Couples age 18 and older are encouraged to register for the event at the Big Wheel at Six Flags Great Adventure beginning at 3 p.m. on Dec. 10.

The attempt is part of Six Flags Great Adventure's annual Holiday in the Park event, which features more than a million glittering lights, holiday entertainment, seasonal treats, Santa's village and access to many of the park's rides.

This year's event features two newly-themed sections, new shows, shops, additional rides and a variety of new dining options.

^ Hey, I have a similar photo in my collection! I think I have seen those guys somewhere before! Matt, when it comes to advertising you are getting to be the jdc12192 of the Holiday in the Park season!

gallery_2_35_2569095.jpg

The torch has been passed on and I support the new HITP face!!!

This is a major fail for the park pr wise. They have a set limit for the amount of couples for the record. Lots of unhappy people on line now. I don't complain about the park much but this is just silly. They should have announced the amount of couples in advance that they needed if there was a limit. Now they have people waiting in a line that are going to be unhappy. Silly when this could have been easily avoided.

Edited by SatansHockey

This is a major fail for the park pr wise. They have a set limit for the amount of couples for the record. Lots of unhappy people on line now. I don't complain about the park much but this is just silly. They should have announced the amount of couples in advance that they needed if there was a limit. Now they have people waiting in a line that are going to be unhappy. Silly when this could have been easily avoided.

I believe it had to do with the amount of 'witnesses' they had.

Matt stated elsewhere Guinness requires 1 witness per X participants. We probably only had X number of witnesses which only allowed the X amount of couples.

Six Flags Breaks the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS® Title

for Most Couples Kissing Under the Mistletoe at Holiday in the Park®

Jackson, NJ — December 10, 2016 — 350 guests puckered up tonight at Six Flags Great Adventure as part of Six Flags Entertainment Corporation’s national attempt to break the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS® title for most couples kissing under the mistletoe. 175 couples kissed for at least 10 seconds under sprigs of live mistletoe to help break the previous world record, set by Six Flags Over Georgia in 2015. This event across seven Six Flags theme parks took place at the same time in three time zones as part of Holiday in the Park®, the company’s annual wintertime celebration.

While the final national tally of kissing couples has not been formally announced, the parks made “kiss-tory” by gathering hundreds more than the current record of 402 kissers. The parks participating in the mistletoe event were Six Flags Over Georgia, Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Six Flags St. Louis, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and Six Flags Great Adventure.

Holiday in the Park® at Six Flags Great Adventure runs weekends and select days through Jan. 2, 2017. The park magically transforms into a winter wonderland with more than a million glittering lights, dazzling holiday entertainment, delicious seasonal treats, Santa’s village and many popular rides provide a way for guests to create holiday memories at Six Flags Great Adventure this winter. This year’s event features two newly-themed sections, new shows, shops, additional rides and a variety of new dining options. The event is included with all Season Passes and active Memberships.

More information about Holiday in the Park is available at www.sixflags.com/greatadventure.

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

• Like 1

^ Did you end up making it into the event? I know they had originally targeted a specific number of people but that number was blown away and guests were joining in right up to the kiss countdown.

We made it in! I'm glad we stayed on the line cause many people walked away quite aggravated.

I believe it had to do with the amount of 'witnesses' they had.

Matt stated elsewhere Guinness requires 1 witness per X participants. We probably only had X number of witnesses which only allowed the X amount of couples.

That makes sense but I never knew that until today. I think that was part of the problem, they should have been clearer in advance that there was an actual cap on the amount of people that they wanted. They were handing out flyers when you went through parking promoting it. There were quite a few people aggravated in the line and they ended up expanded the area where they had everyone doing it. I'm not sure how many people weren't allowed to do it that actually wanted to but just think they should be better prepared next time if they do it again cause it was a great time other then not knowing if we were gonna be allowed to do it.
Edited by Yoshi
Merged double post
  • Like 1

*This is where I was going to post a photo of Harry, but I've decided to spare you this time*

I was surprised by the turnout, and I think the park clearly was as well.

To expand on what jdc mentioned: Guinness requires a "steward" for every 50 participants. A steward is an impartial, independent observer who is responsible for verifying their group of participants all preformed the kiss correctly. Stewards can't be Six Flags employees, nor even related to an employee. I was actually helping them find stewards, but it was much more difficult than expected to find independent, yet responsible, people.