VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Cedar Point June 30th-July 1st

Mrpq

So yesterday was my birthday and my fiancée surprised me with a trip to Cedar Point. Leaving NY Thursday June 29th (travel day, leave NY early morning), go to the park Friday June 30th and Sat July 1st, and coming home Sunday July 2nd. We are staying at a hotel right outside the park to save some money. Plan on buying a 2 day pass. Any other tips to make the best of the two days? Haven't been there since the year before they built Maverick. We have a jam packed year since we are getting married and just closed on a house. I assume we should prepare for a crazy packed park considering 4th of July is that Tuesday? Figured we will need both days to get through the whole park.

buy the fastlane plus.

Edited by DANofNJ

A lot of people are probably going to be taking Monday off making it a 4 day weekend so Saturday could be worse than a normal summer Saturday. Friday will probably be crowded too. Fast Lane Plus is $95 on Friday, $149 on Saturday and I think $149 is the most expensive it gets so it will probably be one of the most busy days of the year except maybe some Saturday's in October. Even if you get Fast Lane Plus, one of the days, I am guessing you are going to have some waits since Cedar Point tends to oversell Fast Lane and Fast Lane Plus. I have heard that the big rides like Millennium Force and Maverick can get up to 45 minute waits for Fast Lane on those extremely crowded days (which I think is horrible because if you are paying an extra $149 on top of admission, you should be getting walk ons or near walk ons).

That fast lane price is per person on top of each persons admission?! Seems a bit crazy to spend an extra almost $500 between two people. Something I need to talk to my fiancée about. Can anyone fill me on on some more details about the fast pass plus?

Seems fast pass plus is the way to go, gets you on everything. Even if it ends up being still a 45 min on the popular coasters, that's better than a 3 hour wait.

Do the fast passes give you times you need to be at each ride or you go to each ride when ever you want? Also is it unlimited to how many times you can ride or theres a limit per ride.

Should we do the fast pass plus for Friday AND Sat or just one of the days? If just one of the days I would think Sat?

forgive my "dumbness" with this. I have never looked into fast passes at any park I have been to.

Edited by Mrpq

It is on top of admission. You get a wristband and can enter any Fast Lane or Fast Lane Plus ride whenever you want as many times as you want with no return time. I would probably get it 1 day just because it's so expensive to get it for both days but I guess the downside of that is 1 of those days you aren't going to get a lot of rides in.

Yeah, that's what I am saying about only getting it one day. Would say get the pass for Friday or Sat

I added it up andbetween-

- x2 two day passes

- parking passes for 2 days

- x2 fast lane for Friday

-x2 fast lane for sat

that's about $690, NOT including the hotel, getting there, and food. I am by no means a "penny pincher" but that to me is a bit crazy for only 2 days.

Yeah, that's what I am saying about only getting it one day. Would say get the pass for Friday or Sat

I added it up andbetween-

- x2 two day passes

- parking passes for 2 days

- x2 fast lane for Friday

-x2 fast lane for sat

that's about $690, NOT including the hotel, getting there, and food. I am by no means a "penny pincher" but that to me is a bit crazy for only 2 days.

are you staying in a CP hotel? that gets you 1 hr early entry. that helps. or are you buying a CF platinum pass?

No we are staying at one of the hotels right outside the park. 3 nights at a hotel at the park was over $700. We are just buying a 2 day pass for each of us

did you check the price at cp express hotel, just outside, that includes 1 hr early entry too

CP Express, is $607 witch is just about $200 a night and than you still need to by tickets. We are currently booked at Magnuson Hotel East Sandusky. for about $266 for the whole weekend

Looked at the Platnium Pass. Comes to about $210 per person.

Assuming we do the Flash Pass plus on Sat only..... The two day pass is $70 a person plus $150 for the flash pass is about $220 per person total. I rather spend the extra $10 a person and be able to avoid most of the lines 1 out of 2 days vs getting in the park an hour early and than deal with the lines the rest of the day. If we where going to the park more than 2 days or lived closer, MAYBE I would think about the platinum pass more.

We just closed on a house and are getting married in Nov. So the timing of the trip is perfect but its a trip we have been talking about the last year, so we are doing what we can to make the best of it with everything else going on.

Edited by Mrpq

• 3 weeks later...

So my fiancée and I have been talking and looking over our schedules and it seems we are free the whole week of July 4th.

As mentioned above we are currently planned to be at the park Friday June 30th and Sat July 1st. We know it will probably be busy as some of you have also mentioned.

We might be able to make the trip work this way....

Wed July 5th- travel to the park

Thursday July 6th- Day at the park

Friday July 7th- Day at the park

Sat July 8th- travel back home

Do you guys think that would be a better option as far as crowds go? Flash pass plus would also be cheaper as we are currently planning to by the pass for the Sat we would be at the park.

Edited by Mrpq

It will probably still be crowded but not nearly as bad as that previous Friday and Saturday. I think the new days you have are better for at least somewhat lower crowds.

I still plan on buyibng a flash pass plus for one of the days so I think this is a good plan. I'm trying to hold out as long as I can before buying the Flash pass to see about weather. I don't want to buy the passes and it rains that day, but I don't want to wait to long and its sold out