VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags to Report First Quarter 2008 Results May 8, 2008

29yrswithaGApass

Press Release Source: Six Flags, Inc.

Six Flags, Inc. to Report First Quarter 2008 Results on Thursday, May 8, 2008

Monday April 28, 9:16 am ET

NEW YORK, April 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Six Flags, Inc. (NYSE: SIX - News) announced today that it will report First Quarter 2008 results after the market closes on Thursday, May 8, 2008.

The Company will hold a teleconference at 4:30 PM Eastern Time that day for interested investors, analysts and portfolio managers. Participants in the call will include President and CEO Mark Shapiro and Executive Vice President and CFO Jeff Speed.

The teleconference will be broadcast live to all interested persons as a listen-only Web cast on http://investors.sixflags.com/. The Webcast will be archived for one year.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else listen in on the conference call this afternoon. Some interesting points were brought up with season pass pre-season sales actually decreasing so far this year, but online one day passes being purchased are up on the year and overall company wide the online purchases are up 50% on the year. As far as our home park I do remember hearing that spring break at GAdv was up 33% for the year so far.

Also mentioned was that guest spending appears to be up this year, of course certain aspects of this were aided by the early Easter this year and all. Too much infor to really get into in full detail here as I am running out now but was curious to see what anyone else who might have checked out the call thought of it as a whole.

It was interesting to hear that all the Six Flags parks will get Thomas The Tank and/or possibly Bob the Builder kids sections at some point. Take pictures of Looney Tunes Seaport now! :)

Good point. Although with the way things have been going we could seemingly see a Thomas The Tank Engine or Bob the Builder section put into the Old Country renovation which would just add another kiddie section to our park. If that were to happen instead of a retooling of a Looney Tune Seaport I think I would begin to feel like the park was a combination of the land of make believe and random steel framing