VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

4/17/17

Yoshi

I got to the park a little later than I wanted to entering just before 3:30.

The Dark Knight was first with about a 20 minute wait. Nitro's line was in the switchbacks, which I didn't feel like waiting in.

I saw Joker is now flipping more on the purple side compared to last season. I probably will only ride the coaster once or twice this year if at all since I didn't really like the 1 ride I got last year that had a few flips. For people that like the flips, the changes will be an improvement.

Bizarro was stopped on the mid course brake run possibly because someone had a phone out. The line was about 20 minutes and dispatches were really faster compared to past seasons with not as much stacking with all 3 trains running.

I rode Runaway Mine Train waiting about 15 minutes. Dispatches were fast here too with the ride operators literally running to check the lap bars.

Zumanjaro was only a 2 cycle wait and I rode twice. After not riding Zumanjaro since November, it was nice to be riding the best drop tower around again.

The Parachutes had 2 out of 4 sides open with at least a 20 minute wait for each side.

There is a new game in the Boardwalk with bowling pins and a football. You get 1 throw for $5 and 2 throws for $8. You need to knock down 5 pins with the football to win any prize and the top prize requires a strike. Almost everyone I saw play paid for 2 throws and won at least a medium prize (a hat or water bottle).

I went back to Runaway Mine Train with a station wait and then took the Skyway back to the other side of the park. From the Skyway I saw another new game with a giant dart board with a soccer ball that you kick at the board.

Skull Mountain was a station wait. After getting the last row, I walked around for another ride and then tried Nitro again. This time it was about 20 minutes for the 7th row with 2 trains running.

I walked back to Skull Mountain and then Nitro again, The Dark Knight again and finished the trip with a Sky Screamer ride. I got in line at 7:53 and was surprised to see the line not closed until 8:03.

Even though I only rode Nitro and Bizarro for the major coasters, it was still a fun trip to the park.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...