VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

5/27/17- Trip #2

Louisatsweetlou

Hey all

I went to the park this Saturday with my friend. We got there a little after lunch and spent about 4-5 hours there until about 8 when we left. When we arrived at the park, the parking lot was absolutely jammed. It was a holiday weekend so this is what we were expecting. When we got to security we were greeted with a huge line of... zero people. We then assumed that everyone must be in the gate. After some trouble getting in to the park (my friends first time for this current season pass) we saw that it was pretty packed on Main street and around the fountain. Since it was almost 4 at this point we didn't want to lose our meals so we went to Primo's pizza by the fountain. I was debating about whether I should get just cheese fries or go for the pizza itself. I decided on the cheese fries but then the lady ended up bringing me a cheese pizza instead. Call it fate, I guess, and I wasn't about to tempt fate so I ate the cheese pizza with the side of fries and my friend and I walked over to el toro. When we arrived we saw that the line was outside of the actual queue. I silently cursed our luck until I realized that it was only the security guard back-up. We purchased our locker and saw that there was no line at all. Even though there was no line, they were handing out boarding passes that had to be in order when we got to the station. The ride was great in the back row, as it always is. We then headed for Bizarro, leaving our belonings in the El Toro lockers. Then we walked toward Nitro stopping at the Joker on the way for a 10 minute ride- we got the purple side facing the lake and we got three flips- probably the craziest ride I've had on it so far, if it was like that every time we would have so much fun on it. Then we headed back on the path to Nitro and waited two trains- Nitro is always a good time; we looked at Batman and saw a half hour wait and laughed; then we turned around and looked at the switchbacks full on the dark knight and cackled; save them for other days- just not worth it for the amount of times I've been on them (I know the pre-show by heart and recite it quietly during it); then we headed for Kingda Ka and here was the biggest problem- there was a half hour wait but my friend and I decided to wait it out; when we got up to the flash pass stopper the ride broke down- shocker right. That wasn't the problem. A lady started screaming and cursing (F bombs all over) about how this was the second time today and how it wasn't fair for HER and everything was about HER. The Flash Pass person called security and must have given a description of 'african american woman' and the security guard went up to a different lady, which started a screaming match at the security system. The security guard made an honest mistake, however the description should have been a little better. Finally after many minutes of arguing everyone calmed down and applauded when the ride shot out a train of riders. After an hour we finally got on the ride; we waited on the launch track for what felt like an eternity- they said on a loud speaker that they apologized for the wait- the ride was good and I didn't feel any bumpy parts. Then, because my friend wanted to make sure we could get on superman we headed there and found a zero person wait for the front row- which we took very quickly- Then we went back to try Zumanjaro VR to find an hour wait- not wanting to wait for it but not wanting to go back that 2 mile walk without riding, we rode without VR in ten minutes. It's still a great ride but I wanted to experience the VR at least once before it left... But that's okay

Overall we had a great day, especially for the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend!

Before anyone asks I couldn't see Justice League construction because the walls were up!

Trip:

El toro x 1

Bizarro x 1

Joker x1

Nitro x1

Kingda Ka x 1

Superman x 1

Zumanjaro x 1

For the year

El toro x 2

Bizarro x 2

Runaway Mine Train x 1

Nitro x 2

Joker x 2

Batman x 1

TDK x 1

Skull Mountain x 1

Trips: 2 for the year

They just recently started using boarding passes again about a week or two ago on the major coasters. Ka, Nitro, Toro, and maybe some others.

They weren't when I went on Saturday.