VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hersheypark June 5, 2017

Viper26

Yesterday, we had a school trip to Hersheypark. It was not too crowded with most guests being part of school groups. We didn't arrive until 11 because the traffic on the Schuylkill Expressway is always bad. The first thing I did was to wait out Skyrush in the front row which took about an hour. Unfortunately the rain caused the ride to close on my turn. Instead I headed over to Laff Trakk which had a 20 minute wait. It was a decent spinning coaster, the problem is the kids swearing on the ride.

After lunch, I went to Comet because it was the first outdoor coaster to reopen. There was only a 5 to 10 minute wait and It rode in the front row. The Comet has some very good airtime and the best airtime I've had on a coaster so far. Next I did the Great Bear which reopened when i got there. I met up with a friend who waited a half hour for it to reopen so I only waited 10 minutes for the front. It was a good and unique ride but the ending was a bit dull.

We then went to Fahrenheit which had a half hour wait. They were assigning rows and they gave us the back row. There was a bit of a rattle but it wasn't that bad, still a ride that's enjoyable. I headed over to Wildcat which had a two train wait for the front. It was smoother than what I expected. After that, I rode the Lightning Racer on both sides with each having no wait. I personally prefer the Red/Lightning side as I found it a bit smoother.

I found out that Storm Runner reopened and the app said there was a half hour wait but when I went to the line it was about an hour. I decided not to ride and instead went to Skyrush which had a 10 minute wait. I was assigned the second row. It was a good ride but as everyone say, the lap bars hurt your thighs. After my first ride on Skyrush I rode the SooperDooperLooper in the front row. I like how the ride like many Schwarzkopfs has only a simple lap bar and goes through a loop. Plus it was very smooth for a 40 year old coaster. I ended the day with two more rides on Skyrush in the back and front row. I had a great day in the park and I hope to go back there soon to ride Storm Runner and other attractions. The only downside was the bus ride back in which this kid in front of me acted like an immature fool causing issues for other riders who sat in the back near him.

We didn't arrive until 11 because the traffic on the Schuylkill Expressway is always bad.

I avoid that highway at all costs. It is always jammed with traffic. And they spend hundreds of millions to reconstruct it several years ago, but could not widen it because of all the topo restrictions along the river. Ugh.

I avoid that highway at all costs. It is always jammed with traffic. And they spend hundreds of millions to reconstruct it several years ago, but could not widen it because of all the topo restrictions along the river. Ugh.

If I were to go back, I'd rather take the Commodore Barry Bridge (which never has traffic) then take the Blue Route/ I-476 up to the Pennsylvania Turnpike from there. It may be out of the way but it's better than sitting in nightmare traffic with a decent chance of an accident on I-76.

If I were to go back, I'd rather take the Commodore Barry Bridge (which never has traffic) then take the Blue Route/ I-476 up to the Pennsylvania Turnpike from there. It may be out of the way but it's better than sitting in nightmare traffic with a decent chance of an accident on I-76.

that's the bridge I use frequently

that's the bridge I use frequently

I used it to get to Six Flags America in April because of work being done on the Delaware Memorial Bridge and there is minimal traffic. The only problem is that the lanes are narrow and there is no shoulders. The Walt Whitman Bridge isn't bad either, and is a good alternative to the Ben Franklin Bridge as that bridge gets backed up a lot. The only problem is that it is the nightmare known as the Schuylkill Expressway once it reaches Center City.