VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

6/9/17

Yoshi

I'm taking a break from my Florida report to post this one first.

I haven't been to the park in almost 2 months and even though I wasn't sure today would be the best day to go with all the class trips on a Friday plus SeniorNite, I took the chance and went to the park knowing I won't be able to get there next week and probably the week after that as well.

I got there around 2:45 and the park was much less crowded than I was expecting. There were some buses and a small amount of cars.

Nitro was first with a 1 train wait for the last row and all 3 trains running. Dispatches were fast with a train halfway up the lift hill with one in the station and the other train getting to the final brakes.

Skull Mountain had a mostly full station and still only a 4 train wait for the last row. At the bottom of the first drop there is a new set of orange lights. I miss the glowing track that might have been blacklight paint.

The Dark Knight had about a 1/2 full pre-show room with a few minute wait after the pre-show.

Joker had at times no wait up until where you go to either the green or purple side.

I hadn't ridden the Log Flume since 2015 because my trips to the park last year were in March, April, September, October and November. Even with no one at the sprayers, I still got soaked.

Runaway Mine Train had no wait and it was the same at Bizarro with all 3 trains running. Like at Nitro, dispatches at Bizarro were faster than normal with hardly any double stacking.

Parachutes had 2 sides open with about a 10 minute wait.

Kingda Ka was the only real wait of the day with it taking about 25 minutes for a front row ride. I saw someone with their phone out in the station but they didn't get caught. There were times that only 1 train would launch between Zumanjaro cycles even with both trains running in the launch track area.

Zumanjaro had no wait.

Sky Screamer was a 3 cycle wait. 2 sets of seats were closed off.

I went back to Nitro and Skull Mountain before leaving right before closing.

There were a lot of people entering the park I think for SeniorNite since the park was open from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. for them. I thought they would be getting there earlier since 4 hours doesn't seem like that much time for a class trip.

IMG_2370.JPG

IMG_2372.JPG

IMG_2373.JPG

Fidget Spinners are everywhere, as prizes for games and also at some temporary rolling carts that are set up.

IMG_2374.JPG

Wrecking Ball is gone and replaced with this new game.