VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

My unexpected two day trip to Hershey. 8/12-13

The Master

Arrived at Hershey early on Wednesday for sweet start and rode Comet 3 times and the skyride. When the rest of the park opened I head over to Lafftrax and rode it once with no line, when I got off the line was already long. Next was the Boardwalk which crowded up fast and the park was pretty busy the rest of the day. The river had an awful line until dinner time. One good thing about the Boardwalk is that it is the latest closing waterpark which allows lines to thin out.

So at 11 pm, I went back to my car and no start. Park security quickly came over when I popped the hood. The starter motor just died due to a flawed engine design by having the oil filter above the starter. The security guard recommended a repair shop, a auto parts store, and a hotel that were next to each other down the street. So I called AAA for a tow to the auto parts store and planned to stay at the hotel. The tow truck was hours late and I was not dropped off until 4:30 am. At that point it was too late to rent a room, so I slept in the car until the store opened at 7:30. Man was I pissed. $100 for a new starter, and $160 for buying tools I already have but are 100 miles away. But I replaced the starter in the parking lot in a half hour and was on my way again. Thankfully starters are easy to replace. Endded up being a expensive trip to Hershey.

Since I was already out there, I did sweet start again and a half day trip to Hersheypark before heading home.

Sorry to hear about the car problems, at least you got some extra park time the next day because of it. Hopefully next year's additions will help with the lines in the Boardwalk.

"starters are easy to replace" that depends on the car. But lucky for you your car was an easy one lol.

Ill be headed to the park Aug 25th as part of my batchelor party. Hopefully the park isn't too crowded on Fridays

I sure hope they help with the lines too. I kind of think the news may have made the Boardwalk more crowded.

It probably will be crowded on a Friday. Make sure to get in line for the park gate early as it can get long fast. If you have a SP or staying at one of the park's hotels, you get early morning access which is a good time to hit the Hollow roller coasters. When the rest of the park opens, make a beeline to Lafftrax.

It's crazy how the park can be empty with Comet's line barely down the ramp out of the station and Storm Runner has a half empty station yet Laff Trakk still has a 30 - 45 minute wait, even with it probably being the lowest capacity coaster in the park.

I sure hope they help with the lines too. I kind of think the news may have made the Boardwalk more crowded.

It probably will be crowded on a Friday. Make sure to get in line for the park gate early as it can get long fast. If you have a SP or staying at one of the park's hotels, you get early morning access which is a good time to hit the Hollow roller coasters. When the rest of the park opens, make a beeline to Lafftrax.

Last time I was there was a sat in Aug last year so I figure it cant be any worse than that lol

and yes the crowds make no sense at all at the park. Comet can have an hour and half wait and lightning racers will be walk on

Last time I was there was a sat in Aug last year so I figure it cant be any worse than that lol

and yes the crowds make no sense at all at the park. Comet can have an hour and half wait and lightning racers will be walk on

Does it have anything to do with how the traffic patterns are funneled at the front of the park?

I noticed when I get to GA at opening time, I can walk right on Nitro and Batman, whereas other parts of the park are already getting crowded.