VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

9/21/17

Yoshi

Thursday was my first trip to Great Adventure since the beginning of June. Besides going to my favorite rides like Nitro, I was really looking forward to trying Justice League.

After processing my 2018 pass and getting lunch before the 3:00 deadline, I went to see the new section of the park. The bridge to cross into the area was an interesting addition and the whole area looks great. The ride itself would have to wait until later because the Queue Times website (that pulls wait times from the park's app) was showing a 55 minute wait.

Instead I went to Nitro. The line was just past where the 30 minute wait time sign used to be and was around 15 minutes with 3 trains running including an extra train wait for the front row. Even though riding in the front row of Nitro is fun with the unobstructed view, I still prefer the last row with more air time. By the time I exited the ride, the line was almost to the switchbacks.

Skull Mountain was also around 15 minutes for the last row. The station was cool with multiple fans in use.

One side of the Skyway was open with an almost full queue.

Joker didn't look like it had much of a line but I skipped it and went to Frontier Adventures. As expected, Saw Mill Log Flume is closed for the season even though it would have been nice to see it open on this day with it in the mid 80s.

Bizarro was around 20 minutes with all 3 trains running. It is so much better than Hydra.

Runaway Mine Train was another 15 minute wait. I saw in the last row of the first car and normally go for the front row of any car. This time the ride was more violent than normal especially in at the curving drop around the 2nd half of the ride. The air time hill felt more extreme compared to riding in other rows.

El Toro was I think around 20 minutes (since I didn't have my phone with me to check the time). Excellent as always.

Zumanjaro had no wait and I rode twice. S&S Towers like Hershey Triple Tower and Dominator are fun but I think Zumanjaro is way better than any other drop tower ride, even Tower of Terror.

Parachutes had a long line with only 1 side open. Green Lantern had about a 10 minute wait.

After dinner, I went back to the other side of the park riding Nitro again with about a 20 minute wait and Batman with a 10 minute wait. Batman is so much more intense than any other B&M invert I have tried and even with a short line, it's still a once a trip ride for me.

Finally it was time for Justice League. I think it was around 30 minutes including using the single rider line.

I already mentioned how much I liked the ride in the Justice League thread and will add some other thoughts here with a spoiler tag so I don't ruin anything for anyone that hasn't tried the ride yet.

The queue itself was really well done and Cyborg right near the loading area was really detailed. There was so much to see during the ride both on and off the screens and the effects in the ride were great as well. I especially liked the section where the barrels on the shelves start to tilt towards you and I wasn't expecting fire in the ride. The Joker animatronic was also really cool looking.

The only issue I had was that some of the screen sections such as when it felt like you were moving forward in a chase scene were a little disorienting but not enough to make me not want to ride again like some motion simulators.

I'm going to have to try to get to the park at opening during Holiday in the Park and hopefully have the chance to ride multiple times in 1 day. I got 103,250 but seeing that others have gotten around 500,000 or more, I want to try to get a higher score. Overall it was an excellent addition and as I said in the other thread, now my favorite non coaster ride in the park.

IMG_3051.JPG.5f8841ccc0f8d76531c232a90b4f9d32.JPG

IMG_3052.JPG.56a360fd6a6f8181c07e09bdce8d9816.JPG

IMG_3053.JPG.361c05ce41edfaf151531eb39e99c031.JPG

IMG_3054.JPG.4094d430bf3dc96000a8b55fcd79e2ca.JPG

If these are still popular, it looked like a better deal than buying one in a store.

IMG_3055.JPG.673b40c292c9a3b6bd472581a476a5ac.JPG

• Like 1

On 9/24/2017 at 4:24 AM, TylerRRC1972 said:

I forgot to Mention. In my post. When we were entering the park, they had two sides of the Parachutes open, however one got stuck close to the top and was sitting idle up there for about a good 3-5 minutes. That may be why only one side was open later.

was anyone stuck on the ride or was it empty?