VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest September 16th and September 30th

Louisatsweetlou

Hi all! Its been a few months since my last trip report- sorry about that; there just hasn't been any reason to make reports as they have been normal days in the park. This post will primarily be about the fright fest attractions.

SEPTEMBER 16TH, 2017

As we walked through security, I noticed a new airport-like device which scanned the bags with X-ray so I assume that will probably make things faster- I made a note to try that line next time and see if it improves the speed of the line. There was no line to get in as we got there after the morning rush and before the fright fest crowds- adding our new passes were done with ease and quickly. We headed down main street and saw the line for that fright fest tickets booth was packed so we went to the one in the red tent to use our fright fest ticket vouchers. Buying them online saved us $10 each and were $30 per season long ticket. They gave us a plastic card with the last 4 digits of our season pass number. 

Because it was past 3, Big Top Terror was already open so we opted to go into it. I will be doing a review of all of the trails at the bottom of both trip reports. After Big Top Terror we decided to walk toward the Movie Town Demon District Arena to watch the Awakening Parade. While we waited, we used our Dining Passes to grab some Macho Nacho. The burritos there are still good however the Plaza Del Carnevale is definitely superior. The parade was pretty weak in terms of amounts of scare actors but it was the first day so I'm sure it'll get better. After the parade we saw The Awakening which now gives you the back-story of Dr. Fright which was pretty cool as well as Dead Man's party which is on par with last year's show however I still wish they would re-add "Ballroom Blitz" to the repertoire like they used to. As it stands now "No One Lives Forever" is my favorite song in the show. 

We headed to the other side of the park to go on a Fright Trail. We chose to do Wicked Woods which after the line opened sported a 2 hour wait as they were only allowing one group to go in at a time. Good additions were added in the re-theme however the amount of actors was sub-par to any other trails that night. We checked the line for Bloodshed but it was out the entrance which would have certainly been a ridiculous line. We did the Manor and it was decent and the grouper outside was awesome and got people to move quickly- there was no one in line when we arrived and by the time the next people behind us caught up we were already heading into the trail. Then we did Cell Block 6 which was my favorite of the night. After this trail we called it quits on the night as we knew there would be plenty of other nights to go to Fright Fest

SEPTEMBER 30TH, 2017

We arrived at the park around 3 today. Our goal: Go on as many fright trails as we can. We saw Dead Man's Party again and there was a significantly larger amount of zombies when they entered the arena.  The show was very crowded and it was a good show just like the previous visit. We decided that because of the poor experience of Wicked Woods last visit, we would skip it even though everyone is saying how great it is. We started at Blood Shed which had a lot of actors and scared the everything out of my uncle. We then went to the Manor followed by Big top Terror. Both were very fun and the entire group enjoyed them. We did Aftermath next which ended up being my favorite trail of the night. Then we did Cell Block 6 which was my second favorite trail overall. Then it was 11:55 so we rode the Dark Knight and then left. One notice was that even after the park closed at 1210, the zombies that were in the scare zones all migrated towards the Bloody Fountain and stayed there until after closing. 

REVIEW OF TRAILS FROM WORST TO BEST (IN MY OPINION)

Wicked Woods: This had so much potential to be a great trail. There were so many props and hiding spots that the zombies could have used to their advantage. After waiting in a 2 hour line, we counted four actors throughout the trail. As this was the first trail we did, we were a little frightened (not in the good way) that we had wasted $30. 

Rate : 5/10

The Manor: Fun trail that hasn't been changed for quite a while. There is at least one actor in every room at this trail which makes it a lot of fun. My suggestion would to make it a little longer- 3-5 more rooms would do it

Rate: 7/10

Big Top Terror: This is a greatly themed trail and I love the 3D aspect. Not so much scary as is interesting- maybe it's because I'm not afraid of clowns

Rate: 7/10

Blood Shed:  This is a greatly themed trail with some really spooky scenes through the corn-maze. I don't find 'me being on the menu' all that scary but everything else is exciting, especially the parts where you cant see anything because of smoke

Rate: 8/10

Cell Block 6: Fantastic trail themed to a prison- I really enjoyed it as did everyone else in the group. For some reason it smells in that particular trail but that's a small gripe for the amazing acting and everything else- even the grouper is portrayed as an escaping prisoner 

Rate: 9/10

Aftermath:  This was the best Six Flags Fright Fest Trail I have ever been on. Everything from the theming, to the props, to the actors was top notch. I loved everything about the trail and can't wait to do it again

I am running out of time so I will add a comment about the Scare Zones Later 

Thanks for reading!

Until next time, Ride On

• Like 1

I was impressed with the amount of structures that were added to the Aftermath trail.  It felt like you were going from room to room in a house.  And as far as Wicked Woods is concerned, the fog in the back portion just before you start heading back to the mainland was incredibly thick.  It was hard to see one foot in front of you.  Nice improvements on both trails.

The past couple of weekends have left me with the impression that they are understaffed this year and have to shift their scare actors about.  Thus, on  some nights there are long stretches of trails with zero interaction while other trails are jam-packed.  I did Wicked Woods twice, the first time was a bit of a let down due to time spent zigzagging through plywood structures clearly meant to have someone behind them, which Cell Block 6 was chock full of scares.  The next weekend, it was the opposite.  

• Like 1