VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Disney Studios Park 2 Billion Euro expansion

Pineracer

The expansion mode of Disneyland Paris resort will continue, and it will include area based on “Frozen,” “Star Wars” and Marvel characters, Walt Disney Co. CEO Bob Iger announced Tuesday.

The developments will roll out in phases beginning in 2021, with an emphasis on the Walt Disney Studios Park, which will get the three new lands along with a new lake designed to be a focal point for entertainment and a connector for the new areas, Disney says.

The plan, announced alongside French President Emmanuel Macron in Paris comes with a price tag of 2 billion euro, which converts into more than $2.4 billion.

“The resort is already the leading tourist destination in Europe,” Iger said Tuesday, “and the transformative expansion we announced today will add even more of our beloved characters and unparalleled storytelling to create new lands, attractions and entertainment that further elevate the guest experience and drive new opportunities for tourism in this dynamic region."

Details about the new attractions were not annoucned.

Walt Disney Studios Park is also reworking its Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, replacing its Aerosmith-driven theme with Iron Man and Avengers elements.

Disney says the resort has had 320 million visitors since opening in 1992. It has 16,000 employees.

In 2020, the resort will open Disney's Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel, a revamping of Disney's Hotel New York based on the worlds of Iron Man, Avengers, Spider-Man and others.

Disneyland Paris, which includes the Disneyland Park along with the Walt Disney Studios Park, features and seven themed Disney hotels with 5,800 rooms.

dbevil@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5477; Twitter: @ThemeParks

I am really glad Disney World can't use most Marvel characters otherwise they would probably do the same thing with the original Rock N Rollercoaster.

More investments for the park is good, I have never been there but have heard it's one of the lower quality Disney parks.

10 hours ago, The Master said:

Its much colder than the US parks which could be a factor? 

The resort's open year round actually, which i thought was weird because it tends to snow in Paris.

10 hours ago, Pineracer said:

The resort's open year round actually, which i thought was weird because it tends to snow in Paris.

Many of the attractions close for rehab in what we would consider their off-season. At this moment there's at least 6 major rides that I can count closed between the two parks.

On 2/27/2018 at 9:15 PM, Yoshi said:

I am really glad Disney World can't use most Marvel characters otherwise they would probably do the same thing with the original Rock N Rollercoaster.

I think you'll see Rock N Rollercoaster rethemed to something Marvel sooner rather than later, especially with Black Panther doing what it's doing right now, though I personally think they'd be better off going with Ant-Man, but that's me.  I think Black Panther deserves a more original concept than a retread of an existing right.  They've multiple hour waits right now just to meet someone dressed up in a freaking Black Panther suit.