VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Back at it!

gafreak

Took some time off from this page, and the park, as i was just burnt out from amusement parks and rides in general, with opening weekend approaching im back and trying to get motivated to attend the park a lot this year. Since the addition of HITP it seems that my desire to go has diminished due to the very long season. I only attended the park 4 times last year, in hopes this year i can excited to go. Has anyone else felt this way or am i all on my own out here?

With the high snowfall today, I am not sure if the park will be able to open two days from now. It takes much longer than two days for a foot of snow to melt away and the temps will remain below normal which doesn't help. They are also forecasting another storm for this Sunday. 

In general I cannot get as excited about stuff as I used to. May just be part of aging where we often become more mellow as we get older.  However, I do think the quality of the amusment industry is also declining, with poorer operations, higher prices with less service, etc.

Edited by The Master

I feel the opposite, HITP makes me want to visit more because I really like being able to ride coasters in November and December without having to go to Florida like I used to occasionally in past years during the offseason. I visited the park 6 times last year and that didn't feel like nearly enough, especially because I went over 3 months in the middle of the season without going there. I hope to visit more this year but am not expecting to get back to double digit trips again in 1 season. I have been going to Hersheypark more instead since it's about 90 minutes less driving round trip.