VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2018 SFGA Theme Park Map

29yrswithaGApass

Thanks! I cant wait for my first visit of the year. I was hoping it would be this weekend but I was shot down by the boss.

I was happy to see that the path back to Justice League and the showcase looks like it will be open when I looked at the map but I see it looked like it was open on the map for the last couple of years.

I don't expect it to be open while the construction of Cyborg is going on but I hope it does open after. Wishful thinking I guess.

I also had an idea of putting a Raptor behind El Toro or where Tango is and just relocate Tango to make a path from Ka to El Toro. I do see more flats first (maybe relocate Swashbuckler and add a Zamerla Discovery next to Cyborg)

36 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Wow, look at between Justice League and Cyborg, what a bigger space for new RMC Raptor will come in next year or something...

That map is not to scale, there's really not that much room there. The park map makes it look like you could fit 5 more Justice Leagues in there, but really you couldn't even fit 1 more.

There is room to squeeze a coaster, but it would most likely have to be custom.

This years park map is a one sheet and huge. It's bigger than a diner place mat, more like a mini poster and there's nowhere to fold it to a convenient size to carry around. Unless you fold it in half and half again and keep folding lol. I did see people walking around with it unfolded though.   

9 hours ago, SAM527 said:

This years park map is a one sheet and huge. It's bigger than a diner place mat, more like a mini poster and there's nowhere to fold it to a convenient size to carry around. Unless you fold it in half and half again and keep folding lol. I did see people walking around with it unfolded though.   

All Cedar Fair and Sea World parks have used these for a while. They're more annoying to use, hold, and transport home safely, but I do prefer them for saving in a binder. I found fold-out plastic binder protector sheets that they fit perfectly into, which display them nicely.

10 hours ago, Matt Kaiser said:

All Cedar Fair and Sea World parks have used these for a while. They're more annoying to use, hold, and transport home safely, but I do prefer them for saving in a binder. I found fold-out plastic binder protector sheets that they fit perfectly into, which display them nicely.

That's cool Matt, but you still have to fold them in half? I didn't want to fold this one since I save them too, also there's nowhere that I can see to make it into booklet/brochure size. I could justify the previous versions since they were already folded. Even the Show and Events Guide although the front print is printed on the left side of the page, it looks like it's meant to be folded if you want to.

13 hours ago, SAM527 said:

That's cool Matt, but you still have to fold them in half? I didn't want to fold this one since I save them too, also there's nowhere that I can see to make it into booklet/brochure size. I could justify the previous versions since they were already folded. Even the Show and Events Guide although the front print is printed on the left side of the page, it looks like it's meant to be folded if you want to.

I do have to fold them in half, but I think that's just the trade-off for how I'm storing them.

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2018 at 1:10 AM, SAM527 said:

Anyone (Harry?) know the rationale for this change? Happy to see less paper used, I suppose, but agree it's unwieldy. And always figured the booklet format was financed by the ads within, where this version has fewer, smaller ads.