VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hersheypark, 4/14/18

Yoshi

With it being a Saturday with great weather, rain on Sunday and discounted Springtime in the Park admission, I thought the park was going to be extremely crowded and wasn't even considering going until I saw the wait times a few hours after opening and that they weren't that bad and decided to go to the park at the last minute. I think because there was a season pass night on Friday and the park usually not open for a 3rd weekend of Springtime in the Park also made it less crowded. Pass holders close to the park probably went on Friday night and others may not have known the park was open this weekend.

Most coasters were 20 - 30 minute waits, with some like Lightning Racer almost a walk on and the usual longer waits like Laff Trakk at an hour. I was expecting to open up the app and see 90 minute - 2 hour waits.

Coal Cracker was open. That was a nice surprise with the warm weather. I miss the days of Saw Mill Log Flume opening at the start of the season at Great Adventure no matter what the temperature was. Even if the ride was ready to go,  I wouldn't have expected to see it open with the lack of staffing at Great Adventure.

Reese's Extreme Cup Challenge's single rider line is now a Fast Track line.

The Hershey drop tower was not running in combo mode and was running in Space Shot mode which I had never seen before.

Sidewinder and Trailblazer were closed, when riding Storm Runner I saw a mechanic working at the side of Trailblazer's lift hill. I happened to be right near Storm Runner when it reopened after a breakdown and only had to wait a few minutes. Hopefully Trailblazer's issues aren't that bad with it being 45 years old next year. I don't mind skipping it unless the wait is short but it's still a fun coaster.

Almost all rides were running at full capacity, 4 trains at Lightning Racer, 2 trains at Storm Runner.

Ride Count:

Comet, 2

sooperdooperlooper, 2

Reese's Extreme Cup Challenge, 1

Reese's Tower, 1

Hershey Tower, 1

Skyrush, 1

Coal Cracker, 1

Great Bear, 2

Lightning Racer, 2 (1 ride on each track)

Fahrenheit, 1

Wildcat, 1

Storm Runner, 1