VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Dorney Park, 7/11/18

Yoshi

I went to Dorney for my 3rd trip of the season. I was also there 3 weeks ago but didn't feel like writing a trip report after it wasn't such a great trip. This visit to the park was better.

It's a shame that Cedar Fair didn't copy the Busch parks and add a traditional body slide on the same platform as the drop box slides as once again at the slide platform, people decided not to slide, some just looking at the drop box capsule, others after they stepped in. Runaway River had all the waterfalls and most of the other water features turned off.

Thunder Canyon was using all 6 loading areas with 3 people checking seatbelts and they needed it since it had what looked like around a 30 minute wait.

Operations at Talon were better with little to no stacking. Steel Force was having slow dispatches and no one at the Fast Lane merge point meaning if you wanted to use the Fast Lane entrance, you had to force your way into the line right before the station.

I tried the new Burrito Cantina near Dominator. You can customize burritos or nachos and I can imagine when it's crowded, the line moves slow with how long it takes with each item a custom order. The food was good and better than a lot of the other dining options in the park like Coaster Dine In near the front of the park.

I was at the arcade getting a voucher from the ticket counting machines after spending $1.00 at some coin pushing machine. The first machine jammed up and when the voucher printed it has Kings Dominion listed. I go to the other machine and on that voucher it prints out Great Escape Lodge as the name. They couldn't even bother to get the correct park name printed on the vouchers. I should have gone to the other machine and seen what park name would print out on that voucher and it will be interesting when I go to redeem the vouchers, if they tell me they are from another park. Unfortunately, prize choices this year are really limited. Usually there are some items with sports teams logos on them, nothing like that this year.

DorneyArcade.PNG.8b9d73ccce564c6f16abf5f9288e1554.PNG

I didn't ride too many dry rides on the ride side since I focused mostly on the water park and water rides.

Ride Count:

13 water slides

Runaway River

Thunder Canyon

Thunder Creek Mountain

Steel Force

Talon

Cedar Creek Flyers

Let's hope this is like when Great Adventure removed the bobsleds [inDorney's case, an Invertigo] (which, ironically are at Great Escape now). Obviously not exactly the same thing.

It would be nice to see something in that spot next year. That area of the park seems so quiet with just Cedar Creek Flyers around.

11 hours ago, The Master said:

How were the slide dispatches in WWK? Weird all the waterfalls were off in the Runaway River, further signs the park is in decline. 

They were ok, better than my last trip. The lifeguards were at least attempting to have as many slides as possible used each cycle, like at Patriot's Plunge when a bunch of people wanted the blue slide, the lifeguard asked others further back in line if anyone wanted the red or white slides.