VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Getting to Great Adventure

RangersScott

First time poster from Scotland.

Anyway me and a couple of mates are travelling over to spend some time in New York and decided to spend a day at Great Adventure. We were looking at the NJ Transit bus and was wondering if anyone knew of how this works. As in what is the earliest and latest times that it arrives and departs from the park as obviously we want to spend as long as possible on the rides. Also what sort of queue lengths is typical for a Friday in May for the big coasters?

Thanks

I don't think 2019 information is posted yet. Their site still shows the 2018 schedule.

https://www.njtransit.com/mobile/six_flags_js.html

For 2018,  it looks like the bus left NY at 9:30 am. I'm not too familiar with NY but I don't think it would get you to the park in time for opening. The departure time was 30 minutes before the park closes. I would guess it would be the same or similar for 2019.

If it's one of the first 2 or 3 Friday's in May, that is one of the best times of the year to visit. There are some school groups but not that many and they usually leave by 4 or 5 p.m. and those last few hours are empty. Last year I went on a Friday in May and crowds were so low I had my own ride vehicle at Justice League. I also rode Nitro 4 times in a row without having to leave the station with lots of empty rows. Great Adventure usually runs multiple trains on the coasters even when crowds are low which is good for re-rides on low crowd days.