VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hurricane Harbor Construction & Opening Spotlight

• 5 months later...

In regards to the music that was originally played, do you guys have a listing of the original "playlist"? I might want to download some of them for "pool parties" and whatnot over the summer.

Last summer I got ahold of the PR girl from SFGA and she gave me a list of the music currently played there, as well as CDs with the songs on there, but this wasn't really the tropical sounding stuff I remember hearing in the early seasons. It was mostly the pop stuff played now. While good, it's not what I was looking for. Any help would be appreciated!!

In regards to the music that was originally played, do you guys have a listing of the original "playlist"? I might want to download some of them for "pool parties" and whatnot over the summer.

Last summer I got ahold of the PR girl from SFGA and she gave me a list of the music currently played there, as well as CDs with the songs on there, but this wasn't really the tropical sounding stuff I remember hearing in the early seasons. It was mostly the pop stuff played now. While good, it's not what I was looking for. Any help would be appreciated!!

I wish we did have the original playlist. The song featured as background music for the Hurricane Harbor Spotlight was part of the original mix. The song title is "Montezuma" by Cusco. It can be found on the album Pure Moods II.

Can you post the playlist you received?

OK, here is the playlist that "Alexandra Nicotra" sent me last year. Well, actually she sent me the CDs and a printout of tracks similar to this one, although very little of the artist/album and even song title information was there. I speant a day or two organizing it and filling it all out. Hope you enjoy!! I added the Cusco song to the end, as it was not included in the original list she sent me.

I put it in a PDF at the following link. The file is called "Hurricane Harbor Mix 2008.pdf". Let me know if anyone has trouble downloading it. :-)

iDisk

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For anyone who grew up watching Gilligan's Island reruns after school or more recently on channels like Nick at Nite or TVLand, these pictures should bring a smile to your face. Check out several of the show's cast members who were on hand for the grand opening of Hurricane Harbor back in 2000. They are accompanied by several park and state representatives including then Governor Christie Whitman. I love the "car" in the bottom photo.

Photos courtesy of Six Flags Great Adventure!

gallery_2_35_293179.jpg

Hurricane Harbor Media Day/Grand Opening 2000 - Russell Johnson (The Professor), Bob Denver (Gilligan), Park President Bill Muirhead, NJ Governor Christie Whitman, NJ Secretary Gil Medina and Dawn Wells (Maryann)

gallery_2_35_534297.jpg

Russell Johnson, Dawn Wells, Christie Whitman, Bob Denver

gallery_2_35_15175.jpg

Bob Denver, Dawn Wells, Russell Johnson

• 1 month later...
  • 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to Hurricane Harbor Construction & Opening Spotlight