VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Dorney Park, 5/27/19

Yoshi

I was deciding between going to Dorney or Hershey on Monday. Looking at the wait times on Hershey's app made the decision easy.

The main lot was almost full, the first overflow lot was full and they were using the 2nd overflow lot. I was able to find a spot in the main lot.

Getting my Fast Lane Plus wristband was much easier this time. I went to the first store near the entrance and the cashier knew how to process the transaction.

Wildwater Kingdom was crowded but not as bad as some other holidays like Labor Day in past years. Operations were ok, some slides were being operated well, others not so much. At the Snake Pit tube slides, a group of 6 all wanted the Constrictor slide. Rather than ask if anyone in line wanted either of the 2 Boa Blasters that were not being used, the lifeguard waited around 5 minutes for all 6 people to slide down the Constrictor before letting anyone else go to the other slides. At the Snake Pit drop box slides, only 1 person was sliding at a time. Someone asked the lifeguard there if the other 2 slides were open and he said they were. Usually the lifeguards will ask people to take the other slides if they want (it's not always easy to tell if all 3 are open or not when only 1 lifeguard is at the 3 control panels). By 5:30, WWK really emptied out. In around 2 1/2 hours I got 15 slides in and rode Wildwater River.

Thunder Canyon had what looked like around a 30 minute line. The dispatches were much faster than normal. Usually at least 1 cycle of rafts is stacked outside the loading area, sometimes as many as 8 - 9 rafts. Today they were barely stacking at all which was nice to see.

The coaster lines were short but longer than normal for Dorney, they looked like mostly 10 - 15 minute waits. There was someone at the merge point at Steel Force which was good to see. Talon was running 2 trains compared to 1 train last week.

Possessed had broken down when I was getting dinner and didn't reopen. It also broke down when I was at the park 9 days ago. Now with Stinger gone, it's probably the least reliable coaster in the park.

With Wildwater Kingdom open for the season, I look forward to visiting Dorney a lot over the new few months.

Ride Count:

Talon, 1x

Dominator Green, 1x

Thunderhawk, 1x

Steel Force, 1x

Thunder Canyon, 1x

Snake Pit Tube Slides, 7x

Snake Pit Drop Box Slides, 1x

Wildwater River, 1x

Patriot's Plunge, 3x

Wildwater Rapids, 3x

Aquablast, 1x