VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

9/3/19

Yoshi

Seeing that Great Adventure was going to be open the day after Labor Day and visiting the park on that day in past years when they have been open, I really wanted to get there to process my 2020 pass and because I had not been to the park since May. As expected crowds were very low with only a few rides having more than a 5 minute wait.

My parents also went to the park with me because they wanted to try Safari Off Road Adventure. None of us have gone to the safari since 2011 when you drove through yourself. I thought it was interesting in the lion section that you now go through the area where the lions are instead of around the fence when you drove. Camp Aventura was closed probably because staffing was low. I didn't mind because the fact the park was open at all was good enough for me. Overall, I think Great Adventure did a nice job with the new format of the safari and can see why it is popular. I do miss being able to stop at each animal for as long as you wanted but understand why they had to make the change to the new vehicles.

It was also great that all rides were open. I expected minor rides or the water rides to be closed but everything was running and at full capacity. Nitro could have easily gotten away with 2 trains running but they still ran all 3 even though the line wasn't out of the station.

Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth was cool to see operating but there is no chance I will every try it, just like Cyborg Cyber Spin and El Diablo when it was still here.

As usual, it was a great trip to the park and fun as always.

Ride Count:

Safari Off Road Adventure

Saw Mill Log Flume

Runaway Mine Train

El Toro

Kingda Ka

Zumanjaro

Skyway

Skull Mountain

Big Wheel

Nitro, 2

The Dark Knight

Justice League, 2

SkyScreamer

93191.JPG.844c63e2ca468bf993bc94c6c99773ee.JPG

93192.JPG.4f0e3b1f5f20620dc3e1ea74e0d38e86.JPG

93193.JPG.d809336ef3dd9fe523b9d872ef0dc1df.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2019 at 2:40 AM, Kingda Ka-Nitro said:

going back this month. been awhile since I bought a season pass. i remember your name from GADV ;)

I'm glad that this site and forums are still so active. There are some other former GADV members that post here as well.

1 hour ago, scott said:

I'm a little late but nice report Yoshi.  You also always have new and sharp pictures. Thank you

Thank you