VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

I would like to be a ride op

DantheWoman

So I've read stories about people being ride ops and having fun, and I would like to be one at GAdv. I'll pay attention and be responsible since I love roller coasters and flat rides, and I have autism, which means repetition is easy for me. My gimmick is going to be giving DC Comics factoids before sending people off on the rides with DC themes. Safety is my top priority.

However, due to the whole coronavirus thing, I'm not so sure when the park will open for this year or if they will hire me. I hope this will blow over and they'll hire me.

On 3/22/2020 at 1:09 PM, DantheWoman said:

So I've read stories about people being ride ops and having fun, and I would like to be one at GAdv. I'll pay attention and be responsible since I love roller coasters and flat rides, and I have autism, which means repetition is easy for me. My gimmick is going to be giving DC Comics factoids before sending people off on the rides with DC themes. Safety is my top priority.

However, due to the whole coronavirus thing, I'm not so sure when the park will open for this year or if they will hire me. I hope this will blow over and they'll hire me.

Park opening is TBD. Everything you see or read is just each individuals opinion. If you haven’t applied yet feel free to apply and they will reach out as soon as they can. :)

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 1:09 PM, DantheWoman said:

If you DO become a ride op you could "accidentally" call the ride the "wrong name": like calling Bizarro Medusa (or Dominator)or calling Green Lantern Chang.

You could also have informal polls of the people in the station like:"Raise your hand if you rode Chiller".

One of my facts WAS gonna be about The Chiller. I might do the Medusa thing, OR I might call GL the Scream Machine and say, "You know, somebody lost their hat on it once." (referring to a hilarious pov I saw of it)

Oh and on Twister I'll say "Enjoy your ride on Brainiac" because it totally needs to be rethemed to Brainiac

Edited by DantheWoman

• 11 months later...

It's almost a year later and I have some good news. I might be a ride op at Nickelodeon Universe in the American Dream Mall this summer. I don't really like Nick (except for SpongeBob and sometimes Rocko) but I'll try my best to be a good ride op, considering how bad operations are at that park. I'll just end up quoting SpongeBob and asking if the Turtles are Japanese-Italian.

• Like 1